The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-18-2017, 01:11 PM

FWIW: The people at Hiscox state that the Pro II is twice as puncture resistant as the standard and the Artist is twice again as puncture proof, as they up the plastic thickness on each model.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydave View Post
FWIW: The people at Hiscox state that the Pro II is twice as puncture resistant as the standard and the Artist is twice again as puncture proof, as they up the plastic thickness on each model.
My cases were really entry level. I think I bought them both for $168 each from an English gentlemen who sold them from his home in MD back in 2008. I think I should get a really good case for my Authentic. Would you recommend the artist or the Pro II?

Did you have any problem with the strap between both parts of the case?
Cheers
HNS

Be & Remember ☮
Old 03-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayoud View Post
My cases were really entry level. I think I bought them both for $168 each from an English gentlemen who sold them from his home in MD back in 2008. I think I should get a really good case for my Authentic. Would you recommend the artist or the Pro II?

Cheers
HNS
No, but while I do not baby my instruments or cases, I think some people must slam things around to constantly seem to break these straps.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Guest316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayoud View Post

Cheers
HNS
I'm thinking the Pro II would be fine. My Pro II has handled the rigors of local travel, banging around, setup/breakdown before and after sets, "child abuse", etc. etc. very well over its 1-1/2 years with me, with an average of three trips out of the home per week. The strap has not been a problem, it's as good as new.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
I'm thinking the Pro II would be fine. My Pro II has handled the rigors of local travel, banging around, setup/breakdown before and after sets, "child abuse", etc. etc. very well over its 1-1/2 years with me, with an average of three trips out of the home per week. The strap has not been a problem, it's as good as new.
Thanks Mark! Good to know!

Be & Remember ☮
Old 03-18-2017, 03:34 PM

My Hiscox Pro II has been absolutely satisfactory in withstanding the rigors of airline travel. It also came with a detachable case strap that hangs off the shoulder and makes walking through airline terminals much easier.

Chris
Old 03-18-2017, 03:44 PM

I like mine. Not sure which model case comes with the guitar the OP is getting. I purchased a Lifelite Pro II a couple of years ago and I've been very happy with it -- lightweight, a good fit, and it seems strong. I've not done any systematic testing of the thing, but I can report that I've had zero problems traveling with it.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flag View Post
My Hiscox Pro II has been absolutely satisfactory in withstanding the rigors of airline travel. It also came with a detachable case strap that hangs off the shoulder and makes walking through airline terminals much easier.

Chris
If you do a lot of that you might check out the back axe straps -- doesn't work for everyone, but I've found it very handy and relatively comfortable and it doesn't cost much. Adjustable -- works with my Hiscox and a different size/shape case I have for another guitar.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

I've been using Hiscox cases for the past twenty years or so. The only problems I've had have been the glue failing on the accessory box lid (re-glued with carpet-adhesive, all fine afterwards) and latch-springs breaking (emailed Hiscox, and received FOC replacement latches by return.

NEVER had a lid-strap break, or give any problems of any kind.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 03-18-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
Hello All!

I am waiting on my New Furch to come in and I know it comes standard with a Hiscox case. How are these cases? I've only really had experience with the TKL that came with my Martin MMV. Will the Hiscox compare in quality and protection? Thanks!
Hate the look as they remind me of the Ovation cases of old.

'13 408 Brazilian: Brazilian neck, Artist grade .

NOS '07 Modern Eagle 1 w/Brazilian Neck & RP's.

'10 "Steve Fischer" Angelus in Adi/Coco.

'13 Artist Package Tonare Grand in Brazilian.

Fender:

'77 Strat w/EMG SA's.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:58 PM

I've got a hiscox case I bought so I could take my acoustic on international flights. It's served me well. Only complaint is that stickers don't stick to the outside of the case.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Guest 1928

The Pro-II is a very good case, but I like the Artist even better. Slightly heavier, but not by much and still lighter (and cheaper) than a Calton. I have a couple of Calton D's and and F-5 mandolin cases for when I travel, but did not own a 000/OM case. When I bought my '36 000-18 I needed a good case, and settled on the Artist. I've been very happy with it.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:21 PM

Anyone notice how many Brits have responded to this thread ?

Hiscox cases are amongst the very few top quality guitar related items that we can actually buy lots cheaper here than in the States....

Is there no "smug" emoji ?
Old 03-18-2017, 05:34 PM

My roadie with 1 new Hiscox case in the middle and the 2 old ones that came with my Lowdens...cases going strong still after almost 25 years:

[IMG][/IMG]

BluesKing777.

Last edited by BluesKing777; 03-18-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

I've always thought the beginning of this video say's a lot.
https://youtu.be/C0jbDM2MOxs

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
case, furch, furch stonebridge guitar, hiscox, stonebridge