The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-07-2022, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post

This is what it sounds like (along with my 1954 reissue Les Paul and J45)...

I love that performance. Very impressive! And that mandolin is gorgeous. Wow!
Old 01-11-2022, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
I love that performance. Very impressive! And that mandolin is gorgeous. Wow!
Thanks for listening! And for the kind words!!!
Old 01-11-2022, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

In an attempt to take back this hijacked thread I will go back to it's original purpose & idea I plan on getting the Stewmac upgraded 50's Tele kit but I will wait until spring to start on it when it's warm enough to do finish work in the garage. Thinking about the classic butterscotch finish.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
In an attempt to take back this hijacked thread I will go back to it's original purpose & idea I plan on getting the Stewmac upgraded 50's Tele kit but I will wait until spring to start on it when it's warm enough to do finish work in the garage. Thinking about the classic butterscotch finish.
I've never done a kit before but I did my own Frankenstrat build back in 2007/2008. Bought a Warmoth neck, Fender Mexi Strat Body (no pickguard/pickups) and every other part individually from various places. Learned a lot. You'll learn a lot too and that's one of the great things about assembling a guitar.
Old 01-11-2022, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I've never done a kit before but I did my own Frankenstrat build back in 2007/2008. Bought a Warmoth neck, Fender Mexi Strat Body (no pickguard/pickups) and every other part individually from various places. Learned a lot. You'll learn a lot too and that's one of the great things about assembling a guitar.
The Warmoth Strat I posted in the original post has been taken apart by me a few times, mainly for pickups swaps. A Telecaster seems like a good choice for a first kit, pretty simple design. I just need to take my time and try not to screw up the finish because that's the only thing I'm not well versed in. Then again, a less than perfect paint job will just add to the charm.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars