The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-28-2019, 05:08 AM

Default 1000 Thank Yous!

Hello everyone,

I recently reached a milestone of 1000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel which is a big deal for me. I wanted to show my appreciation in this video as I know that several of you here on Show and Tell have been very supportive of my efforts!

All the best

Michael
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:28 AM

Cool.

That's almost a thousand more than I have...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 02-28-2019, 06:10 AM
Charter Member

Hi Michael, congratulations. My very humble YouTube channel recently clicked over the quarter million views which is very flattering. I think we first met a Trevor's TAMCO or what it David Crozier's Guitar Junction, and, somewhere I have a photo or a video of us playing together at an RMMMGa (?) weekend.

We also share admiration for the late great Isaac Guillory, and was very touched (and not a little jealous) to see your video of you playing "Junior" his D35-S - the very guitar that moved me to abandon 14 fret flat tops!

Michael, there was a short blues that you used to play in demos for TNAG which was named after a west end road/street - I'd love to see a video of you playing that as the TNAG vids seem to have gone. (I guess your playing sold the guitars you played!)

Thanks for all you do to raise awareness of fine luthiers and memorable guitars..like that 1919 L-1 (Do you remember the one you offered me back in Worthing?

Best regards,

Ol Andy
Old 02-28-2019, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Congrats! I have about 15. Which is my mom and 14 Russian Bots.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:21 AM

No, THANK YOU, Michael!

Congrats on the Utube channel milestone!!

Would LOVE to see the behind the scenes process you mentioned. Did I mention that I'd LOVE to see that? LOL!
Also, selfishly, if you visited Tom Doerr for the luthier series.......icing on the cake! Recently, I think Tom has moved to an even higher level of craftsmanship and design......certainly that's the feel from being in contact with him and his offerings on AGF.

Many thanks!
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 02-28-2019, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations Michael! 1000 subscribers is quite an achievement! And you do a great job!

- Glenn
Old 02-28-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
Cool.

That's almost a thousand more than I have...
Well I just subbed to you! Looking forward to seeing your videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Hi Michael, congratulations. My very humble YouTube channel recently clicked over the quarter million views which is very flattering. I think we first met a Trevor's TAMCO or what it David Crozier's Guitar Junction, and, somewhere I have a photo or a video of us playing together at an RMMMGa (?) weekend.

We also share admiration for the late great Isaac Guillory, and was very touched (and not a little jealous) to see your video of you playing "Junior" his D35-S - the very guitar that moved me to abandon 14 fret flat tops!

Michael, there was a short blues that you used to play in demos for TNAG which was named after a west end road/street - I'd love to see a video of you playing that as the TNAG vids seem to have gone. (I guess your playing sold the guitars you played!)

Thanks for all you do to raise awareness of fine luthiers and memorable guitars..like that 1919 L-1 (Do you remember the one you offered me back in Worthing?

Best regards,

Ol Andy
Andy! It's always a pleasure to catch up with you, online and in real life! I'll dredge up the old blooz and get that happening for you. I was even considering doing an EP of that material so I may push forward on that too...

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Congrats! I have about 15. Which is my mom and 14 Russian Bots.
Now you've got 16 and I am reasonably confident I'm not a Russian bot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
No, THANK YOU, Michael!

Congrats on the Utube channel milestone!!

Would LOVE to see the behind the scenes process you mentioned. Did I mention that I'd LOVE to see that? LOL!
Also, selfishly, if you visited Tom Doerr for the luthier series.......icing on the cake! Recently, I think Tom has moved to an even higher level of craftsmanship and design......certainly that's the feel from being in contact with him and his offerings on AGF.

Many thanks!
Fred
Tom Doerr... yeah he's a real talent! Good idea and I've added him to the Hitlist! The behind the scenes idea seems to be getting real traction so here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Congratulations Michael! 1000 subscribers is quite an achievement! And you do a great job!

- Glenn
Thank you Glenn for all your support over the years!

All the best

MDW
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Old 02-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Congratulations! I always appreciate your playing, musicality, and your wonderful discussions on all things that passionate guitar folks are passionate about.

Best,
Jayne
Old 02-28-2019, 01:10 PM

Old 02-28-2019, 08:43 PM

Well, I feel honored, cuz without me apparently you would be at 999!!! Congrats, see you soon in Texas, get your boots and belt buckle ready (although you have to take that off before trying any guitars)!!!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:26 AM

Thank YOU, Michael! Without your interesting, instructive and mild videos my 'guitar life' on the internet would be different. You made me even make one of my big investments in gear: my Gefells. Congratulations. Suggestions? Show me anything and I will devour it.
Charlie

My lyrics and music on Youtube
Old 03-04-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Congratulations! I always appreciate your playing, musicality, and your wonderful discussions on all things that passionate guitar folks are passionate about.

Best,
Jayne
Thank you Jayne, there' plenty more where that came from!

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Well, I feel honored, cuz without me apparently you would be at 999!!! Congrats, see you soon in Texas, get your boots and belt buckle ready (although you have to take that off before trying any guitars)!!!
The world in general would be a much poorer place without you Tom, thank you so much for your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel View Post
Thank YOU, Michael! Without your interesting, instructive and mild videos my 'guitar life' on the internet would be different. You made me even make one of my big investments in gear: my Gefells. Congratulations. Suggestions? Show me anything and I will devour it.
Charlie
Congratulations on the Gefells! They're very special! I look forward to sharing more videos with you very soon!

Michael
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell