The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-13-2016, 08:12 PM

Default 10 month guitar progess

Hey guys very excited with my progress so far. Don't mind my vocals they need some work obviously. I count on my wife for the singing aspect. We both would love some vocal lessons though. Posted this video for some criticism and also maybe some slight inspiration for any starters out there. I've been trying to play everyday but that's almost impossible. I'm proud that I can sing and play and the same time. Also just recently i'm hitting a few different bare chords. I can do some fingure picking also. I really need to work on some scales but man do i love to come home and learn my favorite songs! But please give me some tips or what I should learn. Thanks guys

Old 09-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

Not bad for ten months! You're getting smoother on your chord transitions. Keep at it. My one tip would be to start working with a click track to work on your timing. Incorporating that now will greatly help you learn to play in time especially if you're not playing with any other instruments or recorded songs.

Keep up the good work.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:06 AM

Thanks man. Will do!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell