The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Default 10 string acoustic / Little Wing

Here is a version of little wing on the 10 string acoustic. i thought you might find this interesting. Even though the tuning is different, some of the techniques can be transferred to 6 string acoustic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcZ7Deu0V9A

Enjoy
Old 09-14-2011, 12:07 AM

Pity, the melody get's lost in the rhythm part. The idea of an acoustic stick is interesting, but here the balance between both hands is off. Can't tell if it's the instrument, the choice of strings, or the playing? Seems to me it would have sounded better on an electric stick, from what I've heard from sticks and similar instruments.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 PM

Great playing Acoustick! Interesting sounds, Playing arrangements much more piano-like than guitar which makes for a different sort of animal. For those who learn to play in this fashion, I would think there would be an audience.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald Koll View Post
Pity, the melody get's lost in the rhythm part. The idea of an acoustic stick is interesting, but here the balance between both hands is off. Can't tell if it's the instrument, the choice of strings, or the playing? Seems to me it would have sounded better on an electric stick, from what I've heard from sticks and similar instruments.
??????????????
I differ, but music is certainly a subjective thing. Good work.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Have to agree though with Harald, Chapman stick as a finger-pressure played instrument (mostly) is always going to require electrification to show off unique sound, it's not like you've got a hammer coming down on the string as in a grand piano box. One who learns to excell on one of these will always amaze his/her friends and make for some excellent recording work . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7kIc...eature=related
Old 10-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
Great playing Acoustick! Interesting sounds, Playing arrangements much more piano-like than guitar which makes for a different sort of animal. For those who learn to play in this fashion, I would think there would be an audience.
Thanks,

There is a piano aspect to the playing. I like the fact that the player is in contact with the strings. The reason I had this built is that I missed playing acoustic music as opposed to electric when I took up the Stick full time. I still enjoy the electric Stick as much, but it is sure fun to get acoustic sounds too.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM

This instrument is completely foreign to me but it's not hard to recognize crazy talent when you see it. I also watched the While My Guitar Gently Weeps video of yours. Beautiful arrangement.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:44 PM

Smile

Welcome to the forum Bob. That is some crazy mad skills. This is the first time I have seen an acoustic Chapman stick. I would imagine it's much harder than an electric to pull the sound out? I enjoyed your other videos as well. I just picked up a Mobias Megatar and started my tapping journey. Thanks for in inspiration.

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Charter Member

I enjoyed that ... I didn't know Chapman made an acoustic instrument.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell