The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-09-2017, 07:11 AM

Smile LR Baggs Para DI and Fishman Artist

Hey Guys!

I have a fairly small setup pedal board set up but it is growing.

This is what I have;

MXR Carbon copy analog Delay
HOF Reverb
Boss TU2
Boss Super Chorus
Morley Volume plus pedal.

I run all these through the DI. I'm relatively new so I've been figuring things out, but, I run the effects into my effects loop on my Fishman artist and put the tuner between amp and guitar in the input.

My question is, however, should I add my Para acoustic DI to this somehow? Does anyone else do that, I'm not sure what to do with it. I used it a lot before I got my Fishman now I gig with the fishman a lot.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekm4489 View Post
Hey Guys!

I have a fairly small setup pedal board set up but it is growing.

This is what I have;

MXR Carbon copy analog Delay
HOF Reverb
Boss TU2
Boss Super Chorus
Morley Volume plus pedal.

I run all these through the DI. I'm relatively new so I've been figuring things out, but, I run the effects into my effects loop on my Fishman artist and put the tuner between amp and guitar in the input.

My question is, however, should I add my Para acoustic DI to this somehow? Does anyone else do that, I'm not sure what to do with it. I used it a lot before I got my Fishman now I gig with the fishman a lot.

Thanks!
Assuming that the Artist gives you adequate EQ, there's no reason for you to use the Para DI with the amp. In fact, aside from the extra EQ, the amp does everything that the Para DI does, including DI outs. However, if you need to link to a house PA that has adequate monitoring and so you don't need the amp for that, you could use the Para DI to link to the PA with your pedals in the FX loop.

Louis
Old 03-09-2017, 07:56 AM

^^^^^^^^^

What Louis said.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
artist, fishman, lr baggs, padi