The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-23-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
And your rankings for Bose T1, TC Play Acoustic, and Berry ADi12 as front end into Bose L1C would be?
It depends on the situation...

Solo Live Gig - Play Acoustic with it's enhanced vocals, harmonies, tuner, boost, switchable guitar effects and looper.

The PA is Hard to beat.... Without going to multiple pedals. Bose T1 is not something that is switchable on the fly. No foot switch and no vocal harmony. No looper etc.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
So I was cleaning up my home studio and discovered a little maroon colored box in my "junk" drawer.
Oh yeah, I remember buying this!

Plugged in my Gibson J35 with Baggs M80 ...
Direct Into the (EQ-less) Bose L1C.

Cranked the Blend knob and tweaked the EQ...
Dang, really not too shabby...

Anyone else ?

Hi Jake

I bought one several years back to see what it was like quality-wise, and how easy it would be to use.

I was pleasantly surprised! It improves a K&K Pure Mini in an amp or PA system nicely, and the only downside (if there is one) is it's made of plastic. But it's rugged, and I've never felt the need to pamper it. It improves the sound of undersaddle piezo pickups very nicely as well.

If I'm going to a gig where there may be a player without a preamp who has an internal pickup, I bring it along as my loaner, and have loaned it out several times to players who have a K&K and have not yet invested in a preamp. The sweepable mid-range frequency control is priceless with acoustic guitars.

It's always worked well, and it's still working just fine after 4 years. I just roll the blend all the way in. It's a great DI box as well when you need to interface with an amp or PA (or both at the same time).

Baby #01
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Full-size Full-Scale Baby #4

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued till a discussion turns silent doesn't mean you have convinced anyone…
Old 01-23-2018, 10:34 AM

For the price it's great. But I found that I need to roll off the bass all the way down with my K&K pickup, while the Red-Eye doesn't sound bassy even with any further EQ.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
For the price it's great. But I found that I need to roll off the bass all the way down with my K&K pickup, while the Red-Eye doesn't sound bassy even with any further EQ.
Hi M
That's because the Red Eye is pre-EQed, and you can't adjust the bass up or down (nor the midrange).

Baby #01
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Full-size Full-Scale Baby #4

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued till a discussion turns silent doesn't mean you have convinced anyone…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification