The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-16-2017, 03:18 AM

Default Acoustic rig advice

Hello to all,
I am new here and love the tips and tricks i have gathered over the last period of time, i have decided to go alone (acoustic) and have a kustom profile one mini PA (sounds great) and a zoom A3, also a TC Helicon Harmony singer and Mic mechanic, i do get great results but lately have been thinking about getting the Zoom AC3 to replace the A3, i play a Takamine ea10c and Gibson gospel with a fishman blend.....has anybody got any experience with the AC3 ?
Would love to hear your thoughts on this :-)
In a nutshell is the upgrade to the AC3.....Thanks in advance
Peter
Old 12-17-2017, 07:15 AM

Hi Peter,
First off, welcome to the forum. Great and helpful people here.

I don’t have the AC3, but do have the A3. Based on all the feedback I read about the complexity of the user interface of the A3, looks they are just trying to make the controls more accessible and user friendly in the AC3. It appears you don’t have to dive into multiple menus to make changes. So, will it sound better? I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. Will it be easier to use and adjust on the fly? I feel certain it will.

I guess it depends on what you consider an upgrade.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:48 AM

Hi Marty,
Thanks a lot for your feedback, i don't have any problems with the controls as i only use at the most 3 settings, and i think you might be right, quality of sound for me is great for me and wont be so much improved, I'm gonna test it out though.....have a nice Christmas and new year.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cook View Post
Hi Marty,
Thanks a lot for your feedback, i don't have any problems with the controls as i only use at the most 3 settings, and i think you might be right, quality of sound for me is great for me and wont be so much improved, I'm gonna test it out though.....have a nice Christmas and new year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:57 PM

Well, i finally took the bull by the horns and seem to have got myself a great set up, I've stuck with the fantastic Zoom A3, using it purely as a preamp/guitar model/exciter and the 414 Akg mic model, no fx.
For fx I've picked up an old Zoom G3 and that has everything and more than the A3 has (except the exciter) same style menu but simpler, for a fraction of the price of loose pedals, sounds great gigged it once and got a lot of positive feedback, bottom line is Zooms FX are great and the G3 will make you smile, for under 100 euros this is a bargain :-)
Old 01-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cook View Post
Well, i finally took the bull by the horns and seem to have got myself a great set up, I've stuck with the fantastic Zoom A3, using it purely as a preamp/guitar model/exciter and the 414 Akg mic model, no fx.
For fx I've picked up an old Zoom G3 and that has everything and more than the A3 has (except the exciter) same style menu but simpler, for a fraction of the price of loose pedals, sounds great gigged it once and got a lot of positive feedback, bottom line is Zooms FX are great and the G3 will make you smile, for under 100 euros this is a bargain :-)
Good choice on the Zoom G3, i've been using one live for the last 3-4 years. Solid box, good tones.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:24 PM

Default Acoustic rig advice

You have chosen the KISS model (keep it simple.....) and you can NEVER go wrong with that choice. The performer creates the music - better equipment improve the sound and reliability but it all starts with you. I was on a weekend trip with some friends. We were in a bar DUH, it was raining and the singer act didn’t show up. My friends volunteered me to play for their drinks. Crappy guitar and PA, I had a great time, the patrons were happy and my friends owed me free drinks for the rest of the weekend. Win, win situation.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification