The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-27-2023, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsJames View Post
Hi everyone.
So I wonder if someone can help. I ordered the Trinity preamp - as instructed, fitted the 9v battery into it, plugged a stereo jack from my guitar to input of the preamp, then a mono cable out from the main mix to the mixing desk.

The pick up works, but nothing from the mic. I've tried cranking up the volume of channel 2 but silence.

I am mystified. The only thing I'm wondering is if the system was fitted wrong, so I'm going to go back to my guitar guy and see. But if anyone has any other thoughts, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Hi ESJames
Just double checking (and yes I read your post).

You are using a TRS ¼" cable, and you made sure you pushed it all the way into the guitar and preamp jacks. It is possible to not seat it properly (leave it sticking out slightly and not seating it all the way).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
k&k trinity solo classic, preamp acoustic, trinity