The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-13-2021, 05:36 PM

I'm on a few biker forums (mostly Harley sites) and over the years we've done a few t-shirt swaps...lots of fun...

I've gotten shirts from all over the country, and a few overseas...I know everyone I swapped with was real happy to get a shirt from A.D. Farrow in Columbus, the oldest Harley dealership in the US...
Old 05-13-2021, 06:05 PM

Default T-Shirt Swap Anyone?

I'd be happy to participate, but this is the official Staten Island t-shirt - and since my friend Dominick here gets to wear it this month (and I really don't feel like debating the point ) you'll have to be patient until my turn comes in August:

Feel free to eat my share of the Vegemite while you're waiting...
Old 05-14-2021, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
I'd be happy to participate, but this is the official Staten Island t-shirt - and since my friend Dominick here gets to wear it this month (and I really don't feel like debating the point ) you'll have to be patient until my turn comes in August:

Feel free to eat my share of the Vegemite while you're waiting...
I laughed a little too hard at this...
Old 05-15-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabarone View Post
I laughed a little too hard at this...
Don't laugh: Dominick doesn't like that sort of thing - he has a way of making people disappear if he thinks they're making fun of him - when he gets through sweating it up Vito and Carmine get it in June and July, and they're not exactly the neatest guys in the world when they eat...
Old 06-10-2021, 07:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

I participated in the t-shirt exchange. I thought it was a great idea for giving Tim a little something different for Father's Day. A shirt from yonder ho would be something I've never given him before and all men wear a t-shirt now and then so it's a safe purchase. I contacted Brucebubs and said, "I in." He put a shirt in the mail right away. I was impressed that the shirt came rather quickly. A packet of Vegemite is included.

I shipped a McKnight shirt to Bruce in plenty if time so he could wear our shirt in his neck of the woods. I have compared shipping times as one shirt was coming and the other is still going. I did send the tracking information so he can be sure to trust the old saying, "It's in the mail."

Bruce's package has been the topic of conversation as it sat by the printer in the office. Tim knew it was for him but he wasn't allowed to open it. Finally today I gave in. He opened the bag and instantly I was impressed the shirt has a great feel. I told him we have to experience the Vegemite together so I can report back. Bruce repeatedly told me go very thin on the Vegemite serving.

Uh huh. I listened.... We opened the packet. We looked at it and I said it looks like tar. Tree tar, for those who never had the privilege of getting close to a tree surgeon's supply kit, is thick and gooey. Not something one would dare touch on purpose if you have ever touched it once before in your life. Bruce warned me to go THIN. I did. Tim, maybe not so much. He likes salty things so he dipped his finger in and gave it a serious taste test.

Oh boy! How I wish I could describe that moment. He went straight to rinse his mouth and gave me that no thank you look when asked if he wants a second taste.

Thanks for the shirt, Bruce. It will be worn with honor by your AGF brother of McKnight Guitars. I am glad to have had the experience of the Vegemite. I think it could be fun to serve that to the McJam guests next month.

FYI:
If you discover someone who is willing to send a donation that would be awesome. I'm always looking to introduce something new and unique to the McJammers. I would need 50 packets arrive in the mail between now and the last weekend of July I would be sure to hand each a packet and they can all open it together and sample it together. You could educate us as a group.

Americans don't know what they are missing!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:54 AM

I tried!
I'm 65 and eaten Vegemite all my life but I would never dip my finger in it to taste it - it's just way too strong (same goes with the English Marmite) - needs to be spread sparingly on something like fresh bread and butter, toast and butter, crumpets and butter.
I lived in France for 2 years and yes, we loved our Vegemite on fresh baguette and butter!

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

Last edited by Brucebubs; 06-10-2021 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

It was a wonderful moment to get something in the mail. I looked forward to the moment.

Thanks

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:58 AM

I took Bruce up on this offer...it took a lot longer for my shirt to get to him that did his to me...and, my receipt said there was no tracking available from USPS to Australia...

I was surprised no-one beat me to his offer...I'm at the bottom end of a Large, but wear it proudly anyway...

I'm just glad the one I sent him fit!
Old 06-15-2021, 05:35 AM

Mary's beautiful bright red McKnight Guitars t-shirt was delivered today too, looks fantastic, I just wish it was a little warmer here so I could wear it out.

Funny you both come from Ohio - would be strange if you bumped into each other wearing your Eden Australia t-shirts!

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 06-15-2021, 08:51 AM

A really cool idea to exchange things from different parts of the world.

We made a number of winter trips to resorts in the Caribbean. Jamaica, Cancun, Dom Rep, etc.

We would meet couples from GB and Europe while we were there, and many of the guys that I would talk to were fascinated by American hats, "ball caps" as we call them here. Sports team hats were popular but by far the most popular were farm equipment hats. I'm not kidding. I was an insurance agent for one of the largest ag insurers in the country so I had my share of these and then some. So when we would go I'd always pack some extra hats to take along. John Deere, Case/IH, Pioneer, etc. I would wear one to the pool or beach and it never failed that someone would come up to me and ask to buy the hat. I never sold one I'd just give it to them and they would be giddy with joy.

We haven't been back in several years now as we winter in Texas these days but I still chuckle when I think of the hats.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic