The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-07-2023, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Default Family photos one year apart

I was cleaning out old photos and came across this picture of my little collection of acoustic guitars from 2/7/22.

From left to right - Farida OT-22W, Martin 000-28EC, Eastman E40OM, Iris DF and Eastman E8D-TC. I only started playing 5 years ago and in that time have been through a lot of different guitars. Impatience has probably cost me too much money and change over. There was probably nothing wrong with any of the guitars I moved along. I just wanted to try something different.

Exactly one year later I may have finally hit on an assortment that works for me. I tend to like variety in sizes and materials although there seems to be more of a slope shoulder, short scale over-representation. Here is the latest little collection

From L-R - Eastman E6SS-TC (torrefied Sitka/mahogany-Khaya) Leo Posch Advanced Jumbo (Adirondack/Honduran Rosewood), Bourgeois Touchstone D Vintage (Old growth Sitka/IER), Eastman E40OM (Adirondack/IER), Gibson '50's LG-2 Re-issue (Sitka/Mahogany) and John Walker The Wise River (Adirondack/Honduran Mahogany). Not pictured - Farida OT-22W (Sitka/Layered Mahogany) If I had to rank them, I couldn't. Depending on the day, I practice with at least 2 of them and it varies. That said, the Walker Wise River is hands down a step above any of the others. Incredible workmanship, tone, materials, playability of the neck. It is truly a stellar instrument. The Posch AJ and the Eastman E40OM are close seconds.

My goal was to get a variety of sizes and materials, and I think I have gotten there. I have tried a couple 00s but I have not found a keeper for me. I tried some Martins and the closest keepers were the 000-28EC and CEO-7 because I liked the modified V neck. I find the MLO/PA necks on Martins and Taylor necks in general a little thin. I might trade the Posch for a vintage guitar otherwise buying and selling is on a one year hiatus.

It has been an incredible journey and rewarding hobby that I have taken up in my later years. I have also enjoyed the knowledge and support from the members here on the AGF. Thank you
Old 02-07-2023, 04:10 PM

Great photos and beautiful guitars!
As far as a OO, try a Gibson L-OO Standard.
Enjoy those guitars and thanks for sharing!
Old 02-07-2023, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

You are walking in some tall cotton there, my friend!

Your new Walker is beautiful, as is your Posch. John and Leo build fantastic guitars.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:46 AM

That is a very nice stable you have there.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:24 AM

A beautiful family!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion