The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-02-2020, 09:33 AM

I just acquired a 00-18 earlier this year. I love it!

'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 09-02-2020, 09:37 AM

thanks for all the great posts - nice to hear from other 00 players! I use Elixer strings on mine - a set of Martin strings was in the case i'm going to give those a go too.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Congrats!

madhat.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
thanks for all the great posts - nice to hear from other 00 players! I use Elixer strings on mine - a set of Martin strings was in the case i'm going to give those a go too.
I'm going to try Santa Cruz Low Tension strings on mine, when I get it. I put Medium Tensions on a CS OM I had until recently and it sounded amazing. The difference between those and the D'Addarrio EJ16's it had on it when I got is was night & day.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

That's a lovely looking looking guitar. But the price of one in the UK is ridiculous

I've played and studied traditional noter/drone mountain dulcimer for many years. And I used to play dobro in a bluegrass band.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:43 AM

The Martin 00-18 & 000-18 are fantastic guitars.

Looking at buying either one of these, or a Brook guitar, when i retire in the next few years.

Rich
Old 09-02-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronfield View Post
The Martin 00-18 & 000-18 are fantastic guitars.

Looking at buying either one of these, or a Brook guitar, when i retire in the next few years.

Rich
Good luck on your upcoming purchase Rich, and enjoy the process! I admit I've never played a standard 000-18 but I happened into a lovely specimen that was a Custom Shop with Sitka over Sinker Hog that I am absolutely thrilled with (NGD to come soon when I get time to write it up and take some pictures). Initially I bought it just for the beautiful figuring of the sinker hog, expecting it to sound good but not stand up to my other "higher dollar" guitars.

Not only was it gorgeous (much more so in person than the dealer's site, and he did a great job photographing it), but it absolutely acquitted itself quite well against my current stable. It has it's own sound signature (with my others being EIR b/s, two are adi tops) so it doesn't duplicate any of my other guitars. But anyone hearing or playing it alongside my others will not think there's any drop in quality at all.
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars
Old 09-02-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewoodM32Fan View Post
Good luck on your upcoming purchase Rich, and enjoy the process! I admit I've never played a standard 000-18 but I happened into a lovely specimen that was a Custom Shop with Sitka over Sinker Hog that I am absolutely thrilled with (NGD to come soon when I get time to write it up and take some pictures). Initially I bought it just for the beautiful figuring of the sinker hog, expecting it to sound good but not stand up to my other "higher dollar" guitars.

Not only was it gorgeous (much more so in person than the dealer's site, and he did a great job photographing it), but it absolutely acquitted itself quite well against my current stable. It has it's own sound signature (with my others being EIR b/s, two are adi tops) so it doesn't duplicate any of my other guitars. But anyone hearing or playing it alongside my others will not think there's any drop in quality at all.
Cheers - i may actually go down the spruce Rosewood option, as i currently have a mahog spruce 00 sized guitar.
Possibly the reimagined 000-28, or a Brook Taw, which are UK built and look awesome.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

On the way...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 632D1BC5-E049-4961-BC0E-E5324A2F0CB0.jpg (31.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 0657F7F8-AA3F-4CAB-94D3-2EEEF987DEB2.jpg (38.6 KB, 52 views)
Old 09-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
Haven't owned a Martin Guitar in a long long time..was wanting a 00 size acoustic and found this from their 'Standard Series'. Way to go Martin...most all the specs we love at a price that is almost hard to believe from them!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Consistently wonderful guitars. Enjoy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion