The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkpicker View Post
I bought a Martin OM-28 from one of our sponsor dealers yesterday at a 40% discount off of retail price, without negotiating. I think they did great by me, and I’ll certainly buy from them again!
And I’m guessing that knowing what it cost the dealer and recognizing that you got a great deal without haggling makes it sweeter.

To those that are saying that the only reason to want this information is to buy at cost and squeeze the dealer, that’s not true for everybody. If I recognize I’m getting a good deal, I pay the money and I say thanks. If it’s like buying a car where BS and obfuscation are the norm, you never know if you’re getting a good deal. But if someone quotes me a new Martin at 60% of list, I know we’re in a good spot.

Just because you know someone else’s position doesn’t mean you have to exploit it. But it does allow you to know if you’re being exploited.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Every single new guitar dealer I have ever come across makes so much money in stock options and they have like three homes. We need to break them.
I recently saw Maury picking up a shipment of Martins from the factory in his new Bentley SUV.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Guest 33123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtopGT View Post
I recently saw Maury picking up a shipment of Martins from the factory in his new Bentley SUV.
Yup while lighting his Cohiba Behike cigar with a flaming $100 bill.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Yup while lighting his Cohiba Behike cigar with a flaming $100 bill.
He has also upgraded from Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey to Pappy Van Winkle 23 Reserve.

CK
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
collings, gibson, martin