The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-23-2022, 10:03 AM

Default New JBL EON ONE MKII?

Does anyone have one? I have been using the original Eon One since 2016. It sounds great but power is marginal. I have been thinking about upgrading to the Mk II . The battery sounds appealing as does the wider 170 degrees horizontal dispersion and extra power while keeping the weight down. I don't see many reviews on the sellers website.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:57 AM

I'm also curious. I have the Eon One Pro and it is portable and battery operated, but is missing some key mixer features like mid frequency control.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:03 AM

I am still mad at JBL, so I would not buy another PA from them.
My Eon One Tower had one of the spacers go bad after only using the PA 4 times. JBL would not cover the repairs and I had to pay out of pocket to get it repaired.
The MKII is about the same watt rating and only adds one more usable channel.
For my money, I will upgrade to something else when the time comes.

PS,
I bought a Yamaha Mixer to go with my PA when I want more features or channels.
The Yamaha is great!
Old 09-23-2022, 02:19 PM

I also bought the Eon One Pro and it was a huge failure! I took a chance and bought the MK2. Best battery system on the market hands down! Issues of weak preamps and dead batteries have been fixed. Approaching the performance of the EV30m but with internal battery.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:14 AM

I have read about the disappointing Eon One Pro. I have been mostly happy with my original Eon One. The Specs are a bit deceptive. They say the Eon One Mk II has 1500 watts. Turns out that is peak. Not RMS. Only 400 RMS. The original Eon One puts out 380.
Pretty close. They weigh the same and I don't want to go any heavier. Pushin 70 here. I have other options for more power with good portability. Guess I'l stick with what I have for now. The battery power would be nice but seldom necessary.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification