The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-03-2022, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Default Question for LR Baggs M80 Users

Just started using an M80 a few weeks ago and it's still showing full battery when I hit the check button. My question is at what point should I change the battery? When It gets to half or down to only one light when I hit the check button? Definitely don't want it to die during a gig.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 10-03-2022, 08:10 AM

I’ve had mine get down to one light and still sound fine. To be safe, on the gig where the one light appeared I switched to passive and it sounded pretty much the same, just quieter. Whether you’re swapping the battery or flipping the switch, though, you need to pull out the pickup so keep a smallish Phillips in your case. For the way I play, I love that pickup.

Couch Standards
Old 10-03-2022, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I’ve had mine get down to one light and still sound fine. To be safe, on the gig where the one light appeared I switched to passive and it sounded pretty much the same, just quieter. Whether you’re swapping the battery or flipping the switch, though, you need to pull out the pickup so keep a smallish Phillips in your case. For the way I play, I love that pickup.
It is a great pickup. And I think I'm going to get a lot of life out of the battery, but it is a pain to get to it to change or to switch over to passive mode.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 10-03-2022, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
It is a great pickup. And I think I'm going to get a lot of life out of the battery, but it is a pain to get to it to change or to switch over to passive mode.
Hi Mick, yes it's a great pickup, and yes it's a pain to switch it over to passive. I've gotten over 60 three hr gigs on mine and it still shows 2 bars. As far as an absolute when to change it, I can't say. I'll change the battery when it gets to one bar.
Hope this helps.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 10-03-2022, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Hi Mick, yes it's a great pickup, and yes it's a pain to switch it over to passive. I've gotten over 60 three hr gigs on mine and it still shows 2 bars. As far as an absolute when to change it, I can't say. I'll change the battery when it gets to one bar.
Hope this helps.

Actually that is the information I’m looking for. I’ll probably change the battery when it gets down to two bars. I’m changing the strings on this one every week anyway since it’s my main gigger. Thank you very much for your input.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification