The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-23-2020, 03:19 PM

Default NGD Recommendations

Just sold 2 of my guitars, looking to purchase a new guitar mainly from small boutiques builders. Any recommendations on which one I should look into? So far I've owned Collings, Froggies, and Bourgeois. Preferably OM bodies and under 5K USD
Old 09-23-2020, 03:27 PM

Default AGF Sponsor directory

Congrats on your sales. I'm sure you'll get a lot of personal opinions, but to get you started, the builder's section has many choices. Good luck!

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=369815
Old 09-23-2020, 10:27 PM

I'm not sure if this would pique your interest, but I think Furch is great! They are smaller, (maybe Collings size or smaller), and everything that matters is handbuilt, but machines do all the work that needs to be consistent each time.

They have a great custom shop, and you can build a guitar here: https://furchguitars.com/us/guitar-configurator/

Also, Bill from the Fretted Buffalo is a forum sponsor that can help set you up in that general area of Boutique bois.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:14 AM

I have been extremely impressed with Boucher, small boutique builder from Quebec Canada. I played a couple of their OM models recently, I fell in love, serious GAS. They will be the next guitar I buy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion