The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-12-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Casual;

Did you customize your order in any way? The nut width would be a no-deal for me--too narrow. Can yours be tuned like a guitar, dgbe?

Also, have you seen the enya? It's a concert supposedly made with CF. I've had one sent to my daughter and have not heard back. I have asked that if she doesn't like it to re-gift it to me.
Hi Evan

The most popular tuning for baritone uke is DGBE same the treble side of six string guitar. I like fluorocarbon strings 1.04, 0.91, 0.74, 0.62 mm.

I adapt quickly to string spacing on short scale instruments such ukes, tenor guitars, tenor banjos including a 1 1/8" nut.

À few Enyas come to our uke sessions. They sound nice but be aware they are tiny twee instruments. A new tenor version (17" scale) will be launched in June/July.

Ukes prosper in flocks and wither away when alone. I suggest you send another to your son in law so they can play together (hey its inexpensive).

And to build momentum and avoid scrounging for songs and chords send them one/all of: "Daily Ukulele - 365 Songs", "Daily Ukulele Leap Year Edition - 366 Songs", "Ultimate Ukulele Songbook" 400 songs.

Cheers.
2014 Fender Concert Pro (New Hartford) - red spruce, mahogany
Old 05-13-2021, 09:29 AM
Guest 928

Casual;

There are some stand-alone uke players, but you are right, the uke is best heard in committee, for example the Great Britain Ukulele Orchestra.

Good idea on sending my son-in-law a uke. I just happen to have one. I ordered the Caramel 6 string baritone and it's a wonderment. The reviews suggested that it was a good instrument, they did not give it full justice. I was amazed at the Caramel and trucked it down to the Tree Bar where two village players gave it a shot--they could hardly believe how it played and sounded, acoustically and wired up. I might send it to my in-law. Thanks for the thought.

Good luck with your incoming, I look forward to subsequent reports.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualmusic View Post
Sadly, Ontario went back into shutdown. Waiting for restrictions to be relaxed.

Shipping status has been stuck at 'label created' for six weeks. Hoping I'll get to play it next month.
Ontario extended the "stay at home" restriction until June 2+.
2014 Fender Concert Pro (New Hartford) - red spruce, mahogany
Old 05-13-2021, 03:14 PM
Guest 928

Casual;

Did you order the one with the Ekoa face?

I had taken a look at the Synergy site, thinking about a thin-bodied nylon strung, Ekoa-faced electric guitar. But it looks like the guitars are steel string and Ekoa has yet to appear...............

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber