The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD (!) and a shout out to AGFer jricc

My main guitar is a Taylor GC7. It's my all-time favorite guitar and I have it set up perfectly for my style and I feel totally "as one" with this instrument. I can feel everything and control the subtleties of what I am playing. It feels like an extension of myself instead of a tool I am using. I absolutely love it. I also personalized it for me and I keep it home - it never leaves my house.

But when I play out or with my band friends I wanted another acoustic so I've cycled through a few different things. Each time it was a great option but it didn't feel the same.

I had an epiphany of sorts and decided to get the exact same guitar but in a less expensive variant. Instead of a 7xx series I would get a 3xx series. Since I am playing it amplified anyway, the pure acoustic tone wasn't as critical.

I went on a search and posted my desires on the AGF. I got a few friendly and helpful messages.

Then I was contacted by established AGF-er Jricc. He had a Taylor GC3 for sale.

We exchanged some emails and I bought the guitar. Jricc was fantastic to deal with - super friendly, very accommodating and we had a nice exchange of email. He packed up the guitar and sent it out and I had it in very little time.

I was amazed how good condition this guitar was - it was better than described. I did a full setup (so it is the way I prefer) and personalized it with a, ebony truss rod cover, ebony armrest and matching (faux) ebony tuner knobs - I love the ebony theme appearance.

It feels so familiar and comfortable to me. I can play my beloved GC7 all the time now and pick this one up for playing out and it will feel like "home". Such a great guitar. This is a pic of the guitar and it's "better half" together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210205_144639 (Medium).jpg (13.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 20210205_144716 (Medium).jpg (18.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 20210205_144659 (Medium).jpg (17.4 KB, 72 views)

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion