The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 PM

Mitchell guitars are sold by Musiciansfriend and Guitar center. You DO NOT HAVE to pay the return shipping, because the item is not AS DESCRIBED on the web page (they say it is a1 3/4 nut, it is instead a 11/16 nut). Call customer service on the phone and ask them to e-mail you a return label.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
Mitchell guitars are sold by Musiciansfriend and Guitar center. You DO NOT HAVE to pay the return shipping, because the item is not AS DESCRIBED on the web page (they say it is a1 3/4 nut, it is instead a 11/16 nut). Call customer service on the phone and ask them to e-mail you a return label.
I had no idea! Will check it out.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardo1000 View Post
I think that approach would make sense, but on further thought will probably keep the instrument. Even with getting all the cash back, there's no option for a 1-3/4 replacement with cutaway and pickup--and I kind of like those features.
In fact, it appears the width may have always been 1-11/16. I e-mailed Mitchell's customer service about this and the reply was: we'll get back to you when we have more information. After five days, nothing--but the website info has now been CHANGED from 1.75 to 1.70. That's for the one I got and the black one just like it. I suspect both guitars had narrower fretboards and were mislabeled online. If so, at least my plight brought a correction!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion