The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-10-2019, 06:58 PM

Gruhn arguably has a better vintage inventory than Carter’s but it’s close and unlike Carter’s where only a few things are locked away, you have to get upstairs to see the good stuff at Gruhn. If I only saw the ground floor, I’d be left wondering, but the key is getting upstairs - I met the love of my life there (amazing guitar!!!!). Also have run into interesting people up there - Bell Fleck, Marty Stuart, etc. They’re really low key about what you play when you’re up there, but you do have to get up there and that’s the hard part.

That said, I like the atmosphere and at Carter’s a lot more.

Cotten is small, but the people are sweethearts and it’s a really nice spot (near one of my favorite restaurants in Nashville). Good inventory and great vibe. Charming.

Artisan is good too. I’ve been there and had a couple of really good ordering experiences. Not a vintage spot, but for boutique stuff, it’s a pristine and grown up experience. Don’t expect to grab things off the wall, but expect to play clean, freshly strung, in tune guitars - like I said, grown up experience.

Bottom line: why would you even considering limiting yourself to one? You will die some day. Don’t miss out on a great experience. Knuckle down and do the circuit!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion