The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-09-2019, 11:46 PM
Guest 728

All maple guitars aren't the same. Body size, top wood, age, etc. all play a role. I use Pearse PBs on my Guild D30 and have used several strings on my maple Waterloo with good results: Pearse Pure Nickels, Martin Retros, Pearse PBs, and D'Addario Nickel Bronze.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:15 AM

Default Maple....yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Voltaire View Post
All maple guitars aren't the same. Body size, top wood, age, etc. all play a role. I use Pearse PBs on my Guild D30 and have used several strings on my maple Waterloo with good results: Pearse Pure Nickels, Martin Retros, Pearse PBs, and D'Addario Nickel Bronze.
Same here. Mine is a L-00 deep body,(24.75 scale) sitka/maple. After years of the above mentioned makers, I slapped on a set of EJ-17's. A bit bright at first, but now mellowed into a wonderful clear, precise, finger-rag-players dream. Also great for voice recording. The most pronounced change with the EJ-17's.....VOLUME
Old 03-10-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
...Default Best Strings for a maple guitar
There is no best.......anything. String/guitar tone is a personal preference and if you ask 20 people you might get 21 different answers. Buy some string sets and do some experimenting. I'll easily go through 3 sets of strings a day sometimes when experimenting with a new guitar. You'll know when you know. Happy hunting.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion