The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 PM

Default GS Mini and Orangewood Oliver Jr

Has anyone played an Orangewood Oliver Jr so as to be able to comment on the tone? If so are you able to compare it to a GS mini? Am just curious if they have the same volume, tone, depth? Thanks much.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

I haven't played the Oliver Jr but I too would be curious about the comparison. (I used to own a GS mini and they are sweet guitars). I have an Orangewood Morgan Live that is wonderful that I play daily. There are lots of You Tube videos of the Orangewoods so you might check and see if anyone has done a comparison with a GS mini. I'd love to see that shootout.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:54 PM

Blueser100, thank you for the information on that model and the company. That helps. I have looked online but cannot find any comparison videos with the GS Mini. There are some reviews of the Oliver Jr mahogany but mostly by folks who have been provided the guitar by Orangewood. I love all of those folks and have learned so much from them on youtube but I was wondering if anyone had experience with the guitar in "real time". I may take a chance on it and see what happens. Am looking for a small mahogany parlor. I bought a different branded one two weeks ago but was not happy with it for a variety of reasons and so I returned it. Am hoping this one has a nice tone and while I realize the volume won't be great I was wondering if it was similar to the GS Mini mahogany (which I think has a great sound).
Old 06-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

You might look on Facebook. There is an Orangewood user group and an Orangewood company’s FB page.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion