The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 AM

Default Ca at-6

Hey, gang, I'm a newbie here, but I need your help. I have my eye on the CA AT-6 that's up on eBay, but before I spend more money on it than I've ever spent on a guitar before, I'm trying to do some due diligence. Have any of you ever played one? What's your knowledge of and experience with this model? It has an archtop-style tailpiece and dual soundholes, like a Grimes Beamer model. I play a lot of baritone in my church band and would view this as an upgrade from my USA Ovation baritone. What do you think? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM

Pretty sure that's from the original CA factory (2005 or earlier). Found a reference to it from 2003; unfortunately, they don't talk much about it:

http://www.berkowitzguitars.com/pdf/ag-june-2003.pdf

I have no doubt that it would be a good guitar, but don't know of anyone who's owned one. The later CA Baritone model only had one (offset) soundhole and a standard tailpiece. Good luck in finding anyone who has experience with these; I don't think CA made very many of them.

Someone posted a link to the eBay auction over at McNichol.com forums, but no one has responded to it:

http://macnichol.com/forum-post/7111
Old 02-20-2014, 10:52 AM

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I'm getting a good idea of just how obscure these guitars are. Just the way I like it!

You do a great job with this forum, by the way. I've learned so much by reading the various posts and threads. It's people helping people -- the way it ought to be.

Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 AM

I actually saw that as well, I thing they made very few, and think their baritone was more the end product but they made few of those as well.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
baritone