The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-29-2022, 04:18 PM

Default FYLDE Alchemist " Single Malt " 1 of 2 ever

See link below of my FYLDE Alchemist " Single Malt " one of only two ever made, see link below which is the one in California US The other one I have in UK ! They are amazing !!
Any questions, just ask.
http://www.pegheadnation.com/instrum...alt-alchemist/

Regards

Jim
Old 01-30-2022, 01:15 AM
Charter Member

Very nice! I'd be wanting a glass of Talisker beside me as I played it.

Does the wood still have any of the whisky smell?
Old 01-30-2022, 05:55 AM

Default Talisker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Very nice! I'd be wanting a glass of Talisker beside me as I played it.

Does the wood still have any of the whisky smell?
Hi, yes when the case is opened there is a very faint smell of Whisky - I don`t play it and have only played around 25 to 30 chords on it since I bought it in 1996, crazy I know but I own 10 guitars all collectables which I don`t play and another couple of just run of the mill instruments which I occasionally play.
I had a hell of a job tracking down the other one in US, that one was bought by a young Icelandic singer and used for recording and then he took it to America where it was eventually donated to a Bay Area charity for homeless people (set up by the sister of Joan Baez) and finally "raffled off" for the charity - teh ticket`s were $500 $1000 and $2500 each but I don`t know who "won" the raffle but I did send an email to Dan Gabel of peghead nation who said he would let Bruce Victor know there were two,
Hope this helps

Regards
Jim
Old 12-20-2023, 05:52 PM

Default Fylde Alchemist Single Malt Guitar

Hi all - update,
the person who "won" the other one (not mine) in a charity raffle is Chris Gorog - Founder and CEO of NAPSTER !! I finally tracked down the full details, its taken me a few years to track it down and you can watch a demo of it on youtube being played by Bruce Victor, it is off the www.pegheadnation.com website - the charity is called Bread and Roses in San Francisco California which was started by Mimi Farina sister of Joan Baez for homeless people in the Bay area - I had Roger Bucknall fit a Headway internal pickup prior to me buying it whilst I visited his workshop in Penrith UK.
Roger recently told me that there will NEVER be any others as he no longer has the timber size for it - See www.fyldeguitars.com for tons of information of the guitars he can supply and much more information in his Archive pages (see 2018 for ref. to it) - anyway just thought I would update the post - better late than never !!!!

Thanks and regards

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop