The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

View Poll Results: Interested in your opinion
Was it of interest? 0 0%
Do you like unusual instruments? 1 50.00%
Do you appreciate ingenuity in music 1 50.00%
Are you a Rapper lover 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 AM

Smile David Lindley and Jackson Browne

Hey kids, A long time ago I asked about a guitar I acquired from a good friend of mine and got excellent input. Having answers at the time I was happy with what I learned. Today, for some reason, I decided to pull this thing out again and plugged it in, and this thing is amazing. OK, I was a little unconventional with it. I'm no purist by any means and know little about right or wrong. I just make use of what I have. I plugged up to a line6 pod with the left channel to a Behringer amp and a Fender Twin on the right and sat in between. Played with the settings on the pod and Wailed. Wow what fun. I'm starting this to see if others want more info. This guitar was indeed owned by David Lindley and he is an incredible musician. Just look him up and see the diversity, talent and eccentricity. Any interest for more? OH Yeah, it's apparently a Danelectro Baritone Longhorn Guitar
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 AM

Default Danelectro?

OK Maybe my earlier post was not enough for attention, I just took a couple pics (on my floor) of this guitar and spaghetti setup. More can follow. Sorry for not reducing the file size, too lazy at 12:30 am. Back soon
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 AM

Cool story bro, what was your question?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 AM

Red face trying to attach pic

Call me stupid but I am trying to attach a pic but don't see a easy way to do it. Do you know how?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Guitar Gourmet

You need to upload the pics to an external Internet server or service such as Photobucket and then use the little pic icon above the edit box to link to them.

I'm interested in your guitar and love stories of interesting connections. Lindley is a madman, of course. Totally from another planet, but I think I'd like it there.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 03-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Default pics?

OK it looks like I managed to get some pics up again. I did this once before but it was a long time ago and I forgot. Anyway, the bottom pic is the one of the setup that I used to make the noise. You don't see the amps but oh well, you get the idea,right? Thank you Bob!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM

i do the same thing with two amps. i run a fender reverb unit thru one and an echoplex thru the other. then, i have an morley a/b/y pedal so i can play thru one of the two or both at the same time.

lately, i've set up a strymon timeline delay and a strymon mobius modulator in the same manner. the mobius even has a leslie rotary sound where you can have the slo speed on one side and the horn speed on the other. talk about a stereoish blissful sound!

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 PM

Where did Jackson Browne come into this thread? I missed that!
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Jackson came into the thread by virtue of the fact that the instrument in question was owned by the fellow who played lead for him in the 1970s.

I, too, love multi-amp setups and currently work with one fairly often:

The clean side is really nice and clean and the drive side offers varying degrees of dirt, drive and compression from rhythm to lead and also offers a really cool 3-D rotary speaker sound via the combination the Motion Sound rotary amp and the H&K Rotosphere.

Bob

Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Default What a setup!

Bob, your setup diagram is very impressive. I had no idea that there are as many echoplexes still out there. They were a big step and I may be mistaking but I heard that it was invented by an old acquaintance Les Paul. Is that true?
I really like how this setup is especially in the way you describe the clean end. Thanks for the show.. In addition, a prior post wondered and was correctly answered about Jackson Browne. David Lindley did indeed accompany Jackson Browne for several projects. He is a rather amazing string player from everything to laps, lutes and violin. Google this guy and you will see.

Thank you all
Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thnote View Post
Bob, your setup diagram is very impressive. I had no idea that there are as many echoplexes still out there. They were a big step and I may be mistaking but I heard that it was invented by an old acquaintance Les Paul. Is that true?
I really like how this setup is especially in the way you describe the clean end. Thanks for the show.. In addition, a prior post wondered and was correctly answered about Jackson Browne. David Lindley did indeed accompany Jackson Browne for several projects. He is a rather amazing string player from everything to laps, lutes and violin. Google this guy and you will see.

Thank you all
Hi!

The Echoplex was created by Mike Battle and Don Dixon. Mike did indeed become a friend of Les Paul. In THIS interview he tells about staying at Les' house and finding out way too late that Les was a practical joker! There are excellent Echoplexes out there. I bought mine in near-mint condition off eBay. Really nice ones come up there every now and again. I wrote up an article about the Echoplex HERE.

Bob

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars