The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-07-2019, 06:28 PM

I bought a few guitars from reverb and sweetwater both a oustic and electric have and always used fedex and the guitars always arrived with no damage. you pay a little more but I wouldnt use anyone else
Old 02-07-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D41Fan View Post
Sorry about that incident. I am from Canada but I heard that USPS is better? I don't know but I wouldn't use UPS again..At least you had insurance.

Dan
Dan: I will second that. Not because I am from Canada but I have had nothing but good service from USPS. Maybe it's because they are not in as big a hurry as the UPS staff.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

I’m certain that all carriers have issues. But, there may be some more prone to issues than others. It seems UPS has its share of issues with many posters here.

I’ve used UPS for both shipping and when receiving guitars as the local hub is 5 minutes from my house. I have them hold the item, and then I pick it up. Usually on the day of it’s arrival.

Believe it or not I’ve (nor any recipients that I’ve shipped to) have had one issue when using UPS. Maybe I’m lucky. I do tune down a half step. And my OCD means everything is double and even triple wrapped, boxed etc.

We do happen to have a very good driver (for the last 10+ years) who is conscientious and very friendly. Maybe I’m lucky...idk.

I am very sorry to hear of the OP’s damaged guitar. I sincerely hope everything works out well for them. I can’t imagine the frustration but I’m sure it’s maddening.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion