The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 12:56 AM

Certainly no offense intended but there are years worth of horror stories on more than one website but you chose them anyway!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:39 AM

I have always heard that you could return things to any GC store. I ordered a Alvarez one time that had issues. Took it back to my local store with the receipt, the girl at the check out, didn't even open the box to look at it. No problem at all.

Of course if you are not close to one, then I guess you have to ship it.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Don't waste your time trying to explain to GC management about the mess up. They would have to pretend to care and make some false promises about correcting the situation.
In my original post #10, it was the district manager who authorized the price I paid. Perhaps because of my purchase history. He corrected the situation immediately, on the spot.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:05 PM

Unfortunate for you to have to be the one to go thru the bad experience. I hear similar complaints about Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Its that part of doing business with the big box companies. I have bought two online from GC and returned both with no issues. The second however I ended up buying in store when I returned so it was returned/credited all in one transaction. GC is simply a convenient online shopping mall for guitars.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:08 PM

Contact the bank that issued the credit card used to make the purchase. Put it in writing and cc anyone at GC.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzin View Post
Contact the bank that issued the credit card used to make the purchase. Put it in writing and cc anyone at GC.
Didn't the OP say that GC already agree to refund the purchase price and pay for return shipping?
Old 01-23-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildman View Post
I hear similar complaints about Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Its that part of doing business with the big box companies. I have bought two online from GC and returned both with no issues. The second however I ended up buying in store when I returned so it was returned/credited all in one transaction. GC is simply a convenient online shopping mall for guitars.
I've gotten damaged and/or defective items ordering online from both Home Depot and Guitar Center. Fortunately I have both stores nearby and have never had any trouble returning items in store for a refund.

It's a hassle when it happens, but I just figure it's the price to be paid occasionally for what is, most of the time, a convenient way to shop for things I might not be able to find locally.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:52 PM

Being you live in Michigan, you need to go to one of the most reputable dealers out there.....Elderly Instruments in Lansing.

https://www.elderly.com/gretsch-g953...tic-gutiar.htm
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion