The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-18-2005, 12:53 AM

Exclamation Heeeelp

Hey, i need help with this, i want to learn this song, but my ear is awful, and the tab does not exist on the internet.
Maybe one of you can help me doing the tab of this song

The son is this: http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Y0AJ9A4KC3W1HO

Thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 03:50 AM

What do you mean by 'help' ?
Try doing it yourself and post whatever you come up with. Then, I'm sure, people will help you and make suggestions.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:19 AM

The thing is that i don't know anything about music...
I would have to start making notes until i hear something that looks like it
I thought that maybe one of you can transcribe it for me, it would be really cool
Old 09-18-2005, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilveztre
The thing is that i don't know anything about music...
I would have to start making notes until i hear something that looks like it
I thought that maybe one of you can transcribe it for me, it would be really cool
Maybe, you should start to make the effort learning at least tab !?
Transcription take time. If somebody has the time to do them for you, your lucky. Usually, people tab the songs they like.
BTW, the recording was played on a nylon string guitar. But, I guess you knew that.
Also, assuming you are a total ear player, this piece is a little involved, IMO.

Last edited by Bern; 09-18-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:26 AM

look, i'm not saying that i don't know how to play guitar, because i know, i also play some asteve vai's songs on mi electric guitar.

Mut my ear is awful, that's why i was asking help, because there's no way i could learn this song by ear.

Hope you understand this time

And yes, i knew it is played with a nylon acoustic guitar
Old 09-18-2005, 09:40 AM

Quote:
look, i'm not saying that i don't know how to play guitar, because i know, i also play some asteve vai's songs on mi electric guitar.

Mut my ear is awful, that's why i was asking help, because there's no way i could learn this song by ear.

Hope you understand this time

And yes, i knew it is played with a nylon acoustic guitar
I'm not trying to give you a hard time. However, doesn't it take some ear for music to play Steve Vai's music ? How did you learn Vai's stuff ? I'm a little confused ??? I'm trying to figure out where you're coming from.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hey, i need help with this, i want to learn this song, but my ear is awful, and the tab does not exist on the internet.
Maybe one of you can help me doing the tab of this song

The son is this: http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Y0AJ9A4KC3W1HO

Thanks
IMO that is quite a fanciful request. If figure that request is worth $3oo or so in someone's time and effort (not including tab for the synthesizer ). If someone already had tabbed the song for themselves they might share it, but otherwise do it yourself or offer to pay someone.
Rick
Old 09-18-2005, 09:49 AM

I usually learn the songs by tabs, i have a really nice program called guitar pro, that even plays you the songs showing the tablatures.

I mean that without having a tab i can't learn a song, my ear is not very trained

I can figure out how to make it sound like the real song by ear, but having the tab by reference
Old 09-18-2005, 10:24 AM

Silveztre, have you tried doing a search for it at Guitar Tab Universe? If not, try going here and searching to see if someone has already tabbed it out. If they haven't, you can post a request on their forum.

http://www.guitartabs.cc/forum/index.php?showforum=4
Old 09-18-2005, 10:40 AM

Gilliangirl just gave you some good advice. While this forum is great for talking about guitars and playing technique, it's not really the place to request someone tab something out. It's just not something you see very often.

BTW, you're right, as far as I can tell, the only tabs for Rik Emmett are 2 of his other songs.

And, by the way, I feel your pain, man. I also don't really have the ability to tab something out on my own and generally have to work a song out based on someone else's tabs (then, I can usually say, "That's completely wrong!"). I need a starting point, too

Good luck.

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken
Old 09-18-2005, 11:11 AM

yes, there are only two tabs on the internet... i know it because I know in the guitar one of those, petite etude

Thanks for understanding guyute and thanks for your help gilliangirl, i'll see if someone there can tab it, at least the beginning, to have an idea.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:29 PM

No problem zilveztre, I like to work from tab. The only thing that sucks about it is that at least on the internet, 75% of it isn't tabbed right. But it's a good starting point and you can say, "that doesn't sound quite right, but THIS does!" once you have the basic progression down.

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken
Old 09-19-2005, 12:59 PM

that's right guyute, but unfortunately i need the base, so i can at least correct it myself... but without the base i'm completely lost
Old 09-19-2005, 01:20 PM

I'm with you man. If it weren't for tab on the internet, I'd probably know 5 or 6 songs instead of the 300+ I know now!

Oh, and those 5 or 6 would almost definitely be in the wrong key

Old 09-19-2005, 02:03 PM

yes, i'd have all the songs i know wrong too

the thing with this guy emmett is that he's not very known, because i've been searching for any record to download, but i couldn't find anything except of the one i have, and from that one is this song i want to learn!

i felt quite dissapointed when i couldn't find any tab, that's why i asked here... and i'm looking everywere for someone that can tab it for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell