The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-25-2020, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
"Easily' maybe, maybe not ? But not only is comparing to other forums pointless because ever forum is different , but it would no doubt take significant amounts of "unnecessary time" for the owner/mods (who have their hands full just moderating on their donated personal time) to delete old posts, considering how easy and quick it actually is for members to use a 3rd hosting sight to post pictures.
Very true, Kev. And that's a great-looking family photo! I think what's important here is the community and the longevity of the forum. I'm sorry if not every aspect of the AGF meets the desires of everyone here, but it's a big place and personal preferences vary widely.

There are three ways to post pictures, they are spelled out in multiple places and the software system is not difficult to use. Rmccamey, or anyone else, is welcome to contact me privately and I'll help in any way possible. I've walked members through the process step-by-step and I'll be glad to do it again anytime.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:00 AM

I agree, it is so simple to post once you are a charter member. If the AGF is a place you want to hang out and want to post pictures very easily, why not look at becoming a charter member and support a really good forum and get the benefit of direct posts of pictures from your own computer with no 3rd party needed? If you don't want to join, use your 3rd party hosting site as per instructions and if you don't want to do that, well I don't know what to say.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:34 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyClark View Post
Can't post pics from my PC, that is the one thing that lets this forum down, badly.
It is so easy to post on other forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmccamey View Post
Agreed. I am on several other forums and none have such a limitation or storage space limitation. If space is an issue, the owner/moderator should easily be able to delete all very old posts before [date] or posts with fewer than [X] replies.
For the benefit of all...

The AGF is a private, one-owner discussion forum supported since inception by a small team of unpaid dedicated volunteers who expend considerable time and effort to manage this online community in consideration of appropriate data management, void of unwanted advertising and spam, available to all in its basic format for free use.

The lights are kept on with the financial support of our valued sponsors and individual “charter” members. Charter members contribute a nominal annual fee based on their appreciation for what it takes to keep this a friendly and safe corner of the internet and the personal enjoyment it provides where in return, certain benefits are derived such as the ability to post photos directly from their computers. Of course, easy workarounds are available as already mentioned.

Charter memberships (option to be recurring) can be subscribed to here.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:21 PM

Significant amounts of unnecessary time? As you say, maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
"Easily' maybe, maybe not ? But not only is comparing to other forums pointless because every forum is different , but it would no doubt take significant amounts of "unnecessary time" for the owner/mods (who have their hands full just moderating on their donated personal time) to delete old posts, considering how easy and quick it actually is for members to use a 3rd hosting sight to post pictures.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmccamey View Post
Significant amounts of unnecessary time? As you say, maybe, maybe not.
Apparently you misread my post since you are misquoting me....Let me try to clarify for you . The "maybe, maybe not " was as I wrote it, applied only to the speculation of being "easily" accomplished, which is why I then ended that sentence .... And started a new one for there being "no doubt" of significant amounts of time involved , and of it being totally "unnecessary" ...Hope that's a bit more clear ..

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 10-26-2020 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontewright View Post
Quote:
Yay it worked!
Nope. The image doesn't show up on my screen: Only the image url shows up.

Reason: You placed the image url between link tags--not between the proper image tags.

Here's the image, embedded:

Old 10-26-2020, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post

Reason: You placed the image url between link tags--not between the proper image tags.

Also if you do it like I described in my post #41, you don't have place between any tags .
You simply hit copy for the BBCode in Imgur and hit paste in the AGF reply text box

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Old 10-26-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yay it worked!
Quote:

Quote:
Also if you do it like I described in my post #41, you don't have place between any tags .
You simply hit copy for the BBCode in Imgur and hit paste in the AGF reply text box
Personally, I prefer the coding concision and non-redundancy of a direct image url to BBcode. Then too, it obviously involves no onerous extra effort to use AGF's image tags.

By the way, here's the url you placed between the image tags in post #41 (I removed the image tags used in your original post #41, to force the actual url to show up here): https://i.imgur.com/WsScKGO.jpg . That's a direct image url--not BBcode.

Addendum--A question comes to mind: Is BBcode actually available to folks who don't have an account with Imgur?

Thinking along these lines: Theoretically, if poster jontewright (quoted at beginning of this post) does not have an Imgur account, he wouldn't be able to access BBcode anyway. Just wondering.

At any rate, you can of course upload images for free to Imgur--and use them in forums--without signing up for an account.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Personally, I prefer the coding concision and non-redundancy of a direct image url to BBcode. Then too, it obviously involves no onerous extra effort to use AGF's image tags.
I am not all that computer lingo fluent, and it sounds like you are more fluent than I . So you have lost me here, and I am not sure what the "redundancy" is you are talking about ? I was simply relating how I do it ,so the image in open the Reply as opposed to only a link like johntewright had in his reply....

Quote:
By the way, here's the url you placed between the image tags in post #41 (I removed the image tags used in your original post #41, to force the actual url to show up here): https://i.imgur.com/WsScKGO.jpg . That's a direct image url--not BBcode.
OK but it is not an open photo on my screen it's a link.
Again not sure what mean, because I didn't "place" anything between any "image tags" (which was/is my point ) All I did copy the BBCode (command C ) from the selected image on my Imgur "Images" page,,, and then in the AGF reply box clicked (command V) to paste it and that yields the opened image no "images tags" involved .

Quote:
Addendum--A question comes to mind: Is BBcode actually available to folks who don't have an account with Imgur?

Thinking along these lines: Theoretically, if poster jontewright (quoted at beginning of this post) does not have an Imgur account, he wouldn't be able to access BBcode anyway. Just wondering.

At any rate, you can of course upload images for free to Imgur--and use them in forums--without signing up for an account.
I don't know about any of the above, I do have a free account Imgur so that's all I know about.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 11-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

I tried to post a very short video in .MOV file format and got an error message saying something about a missing security something or other (lost it in navigation, sorry). The video was made on my iphone and posting is from my macbook pro.

Are there protocols for posting videos? It's unclear in the instruction on page 1 of this thread. It says all photos and video need to be in jpg or jpeg format but as far as I am aware, that is a photo format, not a video format. 16.8 MB file size and 1080 x 1920 dimension.

File format? Size?
Old 11-28-2020, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
Are there protocols for posting videos?
Youtube videos are easy because of the youtube tags, but let me refer your question to our admin and one of us will get back to you in this thread.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:51 PM
AGF Administrator

We don't have the resources to support the direct uploading of videos as attachments, only pictures. You can upload your video to YouTube and then embed it here per the instructions in the FAQ: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...bbcode#youtube
Old 11-28-2020, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

OK, thanks!

Might be helpful to post/clarify that on page 1 and provide a live "here" link to the youtube info. Unless I missed that, which is certainly possible!
Old 11-29-2020, 08:57 PM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
OK, thanks!

Might be helpful to post/clarify that on page 1 and provide a live "here" link to the youtube info. Unless I missed that, which is certainly possible!
This thread was only supposed to provide instructions on posting pictures. Videos are much simpler and instructions are contained in the FAQs. The title of this thread was misleading and has been changed.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:34 AM

Hi:

I signed up for charter membership today in order to upload pictures. According to the uploading rules in the 1st post by Kerbie, it states that the max file size is 1MB. My iPhone photos have about a 3MB size. How do you suggest to overcome this problem so I can upload my photos?

Thanks for your help.
Luke

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion