The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-17-2019, 05:15 AM

Default Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

I saw the film with my son just the other week. At its conclusion, I looked at him and my words were, "I have never seen a film like that in my life."

Perhaps the closest comparison would be with "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". While there are not live actors in SMITSV, the ambiance of reality is there. And, like Roger Rabbit, your concept of reality is repeatedly challenged. It felt like I was "in" the comic book.

Pace, plot and production are excellent. I don't know how this will translate to a small screen, so if you are interested, you'd better catch it soon.

Rick
Old 01-17-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
I saw the film with my son just the other week. At its conclusion, I looked at him and my words were, "I have never seen a film like that in my life."

Perhaps the closest comparison would be with "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". While there are not live actors in SMITSV, the ambiance of reality is there. And, like Roger Rabbit, your concept of reality is repeatedly challenged. It felt like I was "in" the comic book.

Pace, plot and production are excellent. I don't know how this will translate to a small screen, so if you are interested, you'd better catch it soon.

Rick
I went to see this movie reluctantly; it was my husband's birthday choice. To my huge surprise, I was utterly drawn in and enjoyed it completely! Also, I was impressed that this movie was free of sexual references or innuendo of any kind, which is not always the case with animated films of this nature, Roger Rabbit, for instance. So I felt good about recommending it to my 10 year old granddaughter.
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 01-17-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars+gems View Post
I went to see this movie reluctantly; it was my husband's birthday choice. To my huge surprise, I was utterly drawn in and enjoyed it completely! Also, I was impressed that this movie was free of sexual references or innuendo of any kind, which is not always the case with animated films of this nature, Roger Rabbit, for instance. So I felt good about recommending it to my 10 year old granddaughter.
And it dealt with a loving NYC family trying their best to help their son prosper and find success... I loved that back story.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
And it dealt with a loving NYC family trying their best to help their son prosper and find success... I loved that back story.
Yes, I loved that too. Actually, I think there was a lot of wisdom there for kids going through the pain of adolescence!
Martin 00L-17
Voyage Air OM04
Breedlove Oregon Concert
1975 Aria 9422
Old 01-17-2019, 08:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

I really enjoyed it as well. My wife surprised me at work one day by saying she was taking me to the movies. Unfortunately, there was nothing at the local theater that I wanted to see, so I said that Spider-Man was the least bad choice. My wife commented that she didn’t know who played Spider-Man anymore. When I told her it was animated, she almost turned around. We were wrong. It was a great choice. Like you, I felt like I was in a comic book far beyond anything I’ve experienced. Now, I’m wondering if I can justify another rare movie trip to see it in the theater again.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic