The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-18-2016, 02:42 PM

Default La Bella 427's

I just put on a set of these medium tension strings and am pretty happy after about an hour or so of them being on the guitar.
My guitar is a 1981 Yamaha G-255sii (Cedar top - laminate rosewood b&s). I had a bone saddle put on it a year ago just after I bought it, but cannot remember if the nut is bone or not.
But I'm really liking the sound of these strings. The G string is the only one that's going out of tune to any degree. The others are already settling in. The sound is nice. Basses somewhat rich, the treble E and B strings are fairly bright, and the G is not "muddled" which I've found to be the case in other brands.
I'm a big fan of Galli Genius titanio trebles, which give a brighter sound which I prefer. I also like the Savarez 520R bass strings.
My previous set was Hannabach 728 HT's of which the D string broke while stringing up. They do sound good, but are priced a good bit higher than the La Bella's.
Again these are initial observations, and I am fairly new with playing nylon strings, having bought this guitar last June. So I'm by no means an expert, so all has to be taken with that in mind.
But, I like 'em.
I decided to record the sound of the strings with a simple version of the Adagio de Concierto de Aranjuez.

Hope this was helpful to others.
Bob

Last edited by naccoachbob; 06-18-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:54 AM

Smile

I have always been a fan of D'Addario EJ46's. Recently I purchased a new guitar strung with La Bella medium hard tension strings. After a month or so I changed back to the EJ46's.

They in no way compared to the La Bella's. The La Bella's are much richer and fuller. Through the years I've tried a lot of different strings and I think the La Bella's are the best I've used to date.

My only complaint is that the G string never seems to settle down. It goes sharp more so then the D'Addario's ever did. But it's crisp and clear and I'll put up with it.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with these strings. Kirk Sand told me the best G string that he has found is an Alliance Savarez SOL- G- 543 J. You can buy them as a sing string. I haven't tried them yet.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:38 AM

My next door neighbor is a luthier, who plays classical guitar. He recommended Labella Medium Tension Flamenco strings. It makes my Alvarez Yairi sing. It's a different guitar.

1979 Martin D-35, 1978 Yamaha G230 classical, Yamaha A3R VS, Yamaha AC3R VS, Yamaha LS16 ARE sunburst, Yamaha NCX1200R Classical, Wechter TO-8418, Wechter DN 8128, Takamine EG334C.][/COLOR]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical