The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 AM
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Green Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepnback View Post
DrDavid, what a great thread!!!
And yeah - I love my A35C and look extremly exited forward to the moment my ASP30 will arrive. Maybe Dermot has a heart and starts a bit sooner to build it so I could get hold of it on my 50th.... But I guess I will need to wait.

Hi Rolli!

Glad to hear from you. (You might be interested to know that I still have your "Star of the County Down" as the ringtone on my cellphone.)

As for Dermot's heart -- well, he's surely a great guy, as you know. And always does his best to meet the needs of CoM members, within the limits of an enormously busy schedule. I'm going to be excited to see/hear your new ASP when you get it! Be sure to post some photos and sound clips.

But I'm a little concerned that I still have not managed to cure Mr. McIlroy of his grotesquely disordered soccer team allegiance. (His misplaced loyalties will not be identified here, for they are far too unsavory even to mention.)

Anyway....on my end, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of an AJP-35 custom, which is due for delivery hopefully tomorrow.

Cheers to you.

..
__________________
Sursum corda
Tógaigí bhúr gcroíthe in airde


David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh



Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-16-2010, 06:31 AM
deepnback deepnback is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mainz / Germany
Posts: 539
Cool

Quote:
DrDavid:
But I'm a little concerned that I still have not managed to cure Mr. McIlroy of his grotesquely disordered soccer team allegiance. (His misplaced loyalties will not be identified here, for they are far too unsavory even to mention.)

Anyway....on my end, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of an AJP-35 custom, which is due for delivery hopefully tomorrow.
LOL... and yeah I read you got your great guitar. So we forgive him. maybe he can also build a Vuvuzela
__________________
Best to you,

Roland Kalus

Proud endorser of McIlroy Guitars and owner of the wonderful venue Das KulturGUT in lovely Bechtolsheim/Germany.




Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 AM
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Green Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepnback View Post
maybe he can also build a Vuvuzela
Too funny, Rolli! That's a good one.

My fear would be that Sir Dee would emblazon his newly marketed "McIlroy Vuvuzela" with a logo of his favorite team. (Not to give anything away, but this logo would be a representation of some form of artillery ordnance.)

..
__________________
Sursum corda
Tógaigí bhúr gcroíthe in airde


David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh



Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Jack Orion Jack Orion is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 761
Default

woops... followed a link to this from the 'how would you spend 8K thread... sorry
__________________
For my music:
www.benmorganbrown.co.uk
www.facebook.com/benmorganbrown

New E.P. Nameless Gold available from: www.benmorganbrown.bandcamp.com


Last edited by Jack Orion; 06-18-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: wrong thread!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM
wgnorman wgnorman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hutto View Post
I believe the redoubtable Simon Fay says on his website (or maybe said on the forum way back when) that his initial reference for "good tone" when he started building guitar was a McIlroy that he used to own.

Given how much I like the tone of Simon's guitars, those McIlroys much really be something!
Never knew this...I have a McIlroy AJ60c and currently have Simon building me one of his new style OM's (after owning one of his Adi/Brazilians)
__________________
Grant

2010 Simon Fay German Spruce/ EIR OM
2010 Taylor NS24ce Nylon
2006 Cordoba 55R Nylon
2008 Takamine Nylon Crossover TC135SC
1978 Takamine Nylon C128
2006 Miranda Nylon (My Motorcycle Guitar)
1973 Guild G37 Sitka/Maple
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:32 AM
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Green Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgnorman View Post
I have a McIlroy AJ60c and currently have Simon building me one of his new style OM's (after owning one of his Adi/Brazilians)
Hi Grant. Thanks for stepping forward. That AJ60c must be really sweet.

Great also that you've got the Simon Fay build underway. Be sure to post some photos when you can!

I have dutifully added you to the official CoM roster, which makes you a full member with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities pertaining thereto.

The up to date CoM membership:

Dave R
deemcilroy (!)
deepnback
dmcginnis
DrDavid
Feste
GibsonGuy
jeff.willner
Kurt
nobo
paul84
Surreal McCoy
taz2822
t1m
wgnorman

Billv (honorary)
CoffeeGuitar (honorary)
kirkham13 (honorary)
Loki (honorary)
martinedwards (honorary)
Rick Jones (honorary)
Simon Fay (honorary)

"Honorary" means a great admirer of McIlroys, but not (yet) a current owner.

Please keep providing suggested additions/corrections to the list !!

..
__________________
Sursum corda
Tógaigí bhúr gcroíthe in airde


David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh



Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
wgnorman wgnorman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
Hi Grant. Thanks for stepping forward. That AJ60c must be really sweet.

Great also that you've got the Simon Fay build underway. Be sure to post some photos when you can!

I have dutifully added you to the official CoM roster, which makes you a full member with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities pertaining thereto.

The up to date CoM membership:

Dave R
deemcilroy (!)
deepnback
dmcginnis
DrDavid
Feste
GibsonGuy
jeff.willner
Kurt
nobo
paul84
Surreal McCoy
taz2822
t1m
wgnorman

Billv (honorary)
CoffeeGuitar (honorary)
kirkham13 (honorary)
Loki (honorary)
martinedwards (honorary)
Rick Jones (honorary)
Simon Fay (honorary)

"Honorary" means a great admirer of McIlroys, but not (yet) a current owner.

Please keep providing suggested additions/corrections to the list !!

..
Oh no, another Cult!...along with CoM, I guess I'm also now a member of CoT, CoTjp, CoRT, CoK, CoMus, and when my new Fay is complete, CoF

(That would be Taylor, Takamine, R Taylor, Kragenbrink, Martin, and Fay, respectively)

My wife will certainly now ask for an

I N T E R V E N T I O N
__________________
Grant

2010 Simon Fay German Spruce/ EIR OM
2010 Taylor NS24ce Nylon
2006 Cordoba 55R Nylon
2008 Takamine Nylon Crossover TC135SC
1978 Takamine Nylon C128
2006 Miranda Nylon (My Motorcycle Guitar)
1973 Guild G37 Sitka/Maple
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:24 PM
jackholexxxx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Proud owner of an AJ30 #369. Good to know there is much love for my favorite builder.

Pete

Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Markart Markart is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 175
Default

Wow that is a beauty.. bet it sounds fantastic.. I'm wanting an A25 desperately haha Congrats!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:50 PM
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Green Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Default

Tremendous! Pete, that is a truly beautiful AJ30.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Naturally, you have been enrolled in full CoM membership, a status not to be taken lightly.

Also.....Mark -- your adulation gains you "honorary" membership for the time being, with fond hopes that soon you will fulfill your destiny of becoming an A25 owner.

Thus, the up to date CoM membership:

Dave R
deemcilroy (!)
deepnback
dmcginnis
DrDavid
Feste
GibsonGuy
jackholexxxx
jeff.willner
Kurt
nobo
paul84
Surreal McCoy
taz2822
t1m
wgnorman

Billv (honorary)
CoffeeGuitar (honorary)
kirkham13 (honorary)
Loki (honorary)
Markart (honorary)
martinedwards (honorary)
Rick Jones (honorary)
Simon Fay (honorary)

"Honorary" means a great admirer of McIlroys, but not (yet) a current owner.

Please keep providing suggested additions/corrections to the list !!

Go raibh maith agat.

..
__________________
Sursum corda
Tógaigí bhúr gcroíthe in airde


David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh



Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-15-2010, 06:38 AM
floatingears floatingears is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 63
Thumbs up

Hi guys new to this forum and to Mcilroy guitars, but i think i know DrDavid from the other side. . Anyway i've just got myself an A25 and just cant stop singing its praises. For me without a shadow of doubt it is the best fingerstyle guitar in the universe, i am completely mesmerized by the sound it produces. And as someone on here pointed out you start playing it and you lose a few hours. So now that i own a Mcilroy could i please join the cult that is CoM, it would make my year. By the way is there a secret handshake or is it a secret?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-15-2010, 03:21 PM
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Green Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingears View Post
Hi guys new to this forum and to Mcilroy guitars, but i think i know DrDavid from the other side. . Anyway i've just got myself an A25 and just cant stop singing its praises. For me without a shadow of doubt it is the best fingerstyle guitar in the universe, i am completely mesmerized by the sound it produces. And as someone on here pointed out you start playing it and you lose a few hours. So now that i own a Mcilroy could i please join the cult that is CoM, it would make my year. By the way is there a secret handshake or is it a secret?
Welcome to the AGF, float. Loads of great folk here, even some who don't own McIlroys!

As a fellow A25 possessor, I know how thrilled you are with your new acquaintanceship. And it's a friendship that will only get better the longer you have it.

You are most assuredly qualified for induction to the CoM. The official cap and uniform, along with a rulebook of proper conduct, will be mailed to you shortly.

Here's the up to the minute CoM roster:

Dave R
deemcilroy (!)
deepnback
dmcginnis
DrDavid
Feste
floatingears
GibsonGuy
jackholexxxx
jeff.willner
Kurt
nobo
paul84
Surreal McCoy
taz2822
t1m
wgnorman

Billv (honorary)
CoffeeGuitar (honorary)
kirkham13 (honorary)
Loki (honorary)
Markart (honorary)
martinedwards (honorary)
Rick Jones (honorary)
Simon Fay (honorary)

"Honorary" means a great admirer of McIlroys, but not (yet) a current owner.

Please keep providing suggested additions/corrections to the list !!

Again, welcome to you, floatingears.

..
__________________
Sursum corda
Tógaigí bhúr gcroíthe in airde


David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh



Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Malcolm Kindnes Malcolm Kindnes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 913
Default A25c

Hi there, I have an A25c. a wonderful instrument. Also, as I live in Ireland I can just pop up to see Dermot if I need any adjustments made. I think he has a substantial waiting list at the moment, which in these recessionary times must tell us something!
Best regards,
Malcolm
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 PM
DrDavid DrDavid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Green Mountains
Posts: 1,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Kindnes View Post
Hi there, I have an A25c. a wonderful instrument. Also, as I live in Ireland I can just pop up to see Dermot if I need any adjustments made. I think he has a substantial waiting list at the moment, which in these recessionary times must tell us something!
Best regards,
Malcolm
Hi Malcolm,

Fáilte!

Wonderful to have a saoránach na hÉireann to induct into the CoM.

Any photos to share of your sweet A25c?

You will see as follows that you have increased by one the official CoM registry list:

Dave R
deemcilroy (!)
deepnback
dmcginnis
DrDavid
Feste
floatingears
GibsonGuy
jackholexxxx
jeff.willner
Kurt
Malcolm Kindnes
nobo
paul84
Surreal McCoy
taz2822
t1m
wgnorman

Billv (honorary)
CoffeeGuitar (honorary)
kirkham13 (honorary)
Loki (honorary)
Markart (honorary)
martinedwards (honorary)
Rick Jones (honorary)
Simon Fay (honorary)

"Honorary" means a great admirer of McIlroys, but not (yet) a current owner.

Please keep providing suggested additions/corrections to the list !!

..
__________________
Sursum corda
Tógaigí bhúr gcroíthe in airde


David
Páirc Thoir Thuaidh



Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 PM
anton anton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 592
Default

Great guitars, I had an A30 for a while that i purchased from Shoreline Music back when they were closer to $2k. I eventually sold it as I was looking for another sound, which i have regretted at times. If you like the Lowden type sound you can't go wrong.


Anton
__________________
Website - Celtic Fingerstyle Guitar
Youtube
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=