The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-17-2020, 01:59 AM

Glad, itís worth whatever you can get for it, frankly. Itís a utility instrument, not a professional quality guitar or a sought-after collectorís item.

Personally, I think you should sell it to Brucebubs, because he CLEARLY doesnít have enough guitars: he still has room in his house to turn around and for his family to be able to find places to sleep!

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 01-17-2020, 04:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatorspirit View Post
Thanks guys, good info. Now all that makes me wanna filing out when it was made.Brucebubs, my label is different to yours as well. Doesnít have Ďelectrical Co.í, the stylised ĎWí in the centre of label or the Takame Gakki Co. on the bottom. Makes me think maybe itís pre 68í? Isnít that the year they started labelling their guitars Takame? I live Iím Melbourne, maybe Iíll start going around sum guitar/music shops, see what I can dig up. Thanks guys.
I've seen many different variations of the name on the headstock as well as different wording on the labels - some say 'Made in Japan' some don't, some say made by Takamine some don't.

Mine was made right at the very end of the Wayne/Takamine partnership and actually has the Takamine name on the headstock.

It was gold but has faded.

1972 - Takamine D-70
1980 - Morris B-50
2002 - Guild F-412
2009 - Martin Grand J12-40E Special
2011 - Martin JDP 2 #71/71
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2012 - Epiphone EJ-200/N
2012 - Huss & Dalton MJ Custom
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
Old 01-19-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatorspirit View Post
Hey people, Iíve had this Wayne guitar for a few years now, ....Wondering if itís a piece of junk or throw it away? To me it has a nice sound. Any help is welcomed.
You've had it for "a few years now" which means, I assume, that you play it. You know if it's a "piece of junk" or whether it's worthy of play. If it's worthy of play, and you don't want it, you can donate it to a school or foundation that provides instruments for needy people - not throw it away. Since you think it has a nice sound, I would say that someone else might which means it's not totally worthless.

Enough Guitars To Make A Living With....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion