The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 05-01-2017, 05:13 PM

Cuki,

Did you ever get the chance to compile your Convlver program for Win 10?

I just bought three new dual source pickups and at some point soon, I'd like to play around with the Epsi and your program. I have no Mac anything though, except an iPhone.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Not sure what Cuki's goal was, mine was just interest. You could load his images into a IR pedal like Logidy, so there's some potential for a "product". But at this point, if you're interested in a product you can use, check out the ToneDexter (see the long thread in this topic), which wraps this (or something similar) all up in a box anyone can use without knowing all the math.
Hi Everyone, my inital goal was to make IRs for 40-50 people for 40$ and earn enough to buy myself a second hand Martin HD-28 Mischief can testify that was my initial plan (back in October-November).

However, Tonedexter was finally released and I have to say it's brilliant! The patent really helped me to bring my own process to the next level and James is really kind. Moreover Doug told me weeks ago that the real market would be for people being able to make their own IR and tweak the sound. I now really see that. Doug's posts about Tonedexter really show that he's much more able to appreciate the IR convolution potential with the Tonedexter pedal than with me sending me files.

So I clearly recommand 100% to people to try this pedal. I try my best to promote IR convolution whatever the brand or product because I truly believe in this technology.

Coming back to my initial plan, I've put few of my guitars to sale and I already sold my Lakewood... So another one to go and I'll still get my HD-28

I've also given Doug's samples to try another typer of signal processing to compete with IR convolution. It's based on artificla neural computing... But then it would be pure scientific interest with publication in mind. Of course I can't stop the phd student to start a company that would compete with Tonedexter but I would clearly not advice to go that way. Because in my opinion, the main asset of his neural computer is nonlinearity and parallelism: So if it works, I have other applications in mind... That may concern a wider market.

I hope it answers the question. I also hope that Doug does not feel as if I've tried to "use" him for commercial purpose.

Cuki
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 05-02-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
Cuki,

Did you ever get the chance to compile your Convlver program for Win 10?

I just bought three new dual source pickups and at some point soon, I'd like to play around with the Epsi and your program. I have no Mac anything though, except an iPhone.
Did not do it yet. But I can do it. The program is only for tweaking IRs not making them.

Of course, I can make you IR with my old process but I am not sure it would be legal/fair to use the Tonedexter's character button process since it's patented.

Did you also buy a Tonedexter or did you buy just the EPSI pedal?

Cuki
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 05-02-2017, 03:54 AM

I haven't bought either yet but I'm considering buying the Epsi to give your work a try. I'd like to hear more about peoples experiences with the more expensive Tonedexter and I'm still hoping to see a dual channel, reverb equipt, Tonedextet that would make something like a QSC K8 or a Schertler extension speaker more usable in the field.

If that were to be a likely possibility, I'd be first in line.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
I haven't bought either yet but I'm considering buying the Epsi to give your work a try. I'd like to hear more about peoples experiences with the more expensive Tonedexter and I'm still hoping to see a dual channel, reverb equipt, Tonedextet that would make something like a QSC K8 or a Schertler extension speaker more usable in the field.

If that were to be a likely possibility, I'd be first in line.
You don't need to buy anything to try. You can just use your audio interface with a plugin host and reduce the buffer to obtain the lowest latency.

You'd get the exact same result. I'll send you a pm.

Cuki
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Hi Everyone, my inital goal was to make IRs for 40-50 people for 40$ and earn enough to buy myself a second hand Martin HD-28 Mischief can testify that was my initial plan (back in October-November).

However, Tonedexter was finally released and I have to say it's brilliant! The patent really helped me to bring my own process to the next level and James is really kind. Moreover Doug told me weeks ago that the real market would be for people being able to make their own IR and tweak the sound. I now really see that. Doug's posts about Tonedexter really show that he's much more able to appreciate the IR convolution potential with the Tonedexter pedal than with me sending me files.

So I clearly recommand 100% to people to try this pedal. I try my best to promote IR convolution whatever the brand or product because I truly believe in this technology.

Coming back to my initial plan, I've put few of my guitars to sale and I already sold my Lakewood... So another one to go and I'll still get my HD-28
I applaud your goal, I hope you get there.

10 years ago when I was building my first guitar, I wanted a Veritas Standard Block Plane... the Stanley I had wasn't so good. So I mowed my neighbor's yard all summer at $25/week. There is something very satisfying about waiting... and working... for something you want. Now when I use that block plane it reminds me of that summer mowing his lawn
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification