The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2017, 10:58 AM

Default Baritone Acoustic Amp Size Suggestions

I play multiple guitars tuned anywhere from E standard to Drop A. I have 2 Baritone Acoustics that I include in my mix.

I am looking to get an acoustic amplifier or Line Array unit for mainly home practice. Vocals and guitar. I also run a conventional guitar pedal board.

I know the Fishman Loudbox Performer will work with a Baritone. The Line Arrays would work too based on their wattage.

Would the Boss Acoustic Singer Pro 120 watt be able to handle the baritone with only one 8" speaker? My guess is that it will, but wanted some thoughts.

With baritones you have to go overkill on speakers and wattage due to the low end. Not seeking max volume, just range. I am also researching everything I can on Full Range Flat Response powered speakers or studio monitors with mixers and interfaces because I could run a modeling amp into those for electric work. One do all system would be ideal so I am not buying one set of speakers / acoustic amp for acoustic and one set for electric. Thoughts?

Thank you

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification