The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-19-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Great guitars. My guess is you'll be reaching for that one a lot.
Count on it...
Old 04-23-2021, 10:17 AM

This guitar is not one of my "Ones that got away" it is my "One that never happened that I regret". I was actively shopping for one and was ready to pull the trigger when Musician's Friend miss-priced Epiphone ES-175 premiums with USA Classic 57 pickups and a thin matte lacquer matte finish at around $370 (I think. It's been years) ... Couldn't spend $500 on a used Kingpin when that deal was on the table!

Do I love the Epi? Yes. Do I regret not having the Godin? YES! I will have one someday. I have a couple/Three solidbodies I need to get rid of first

Two of my favorite guitars I don't own are this one, and the Godin Icon type 3.
Old 04-23-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
This guitar is not one of my "Ones that got away" it is my "One that never happened that I regret." I was actively shopping for one and was ready to pull the trigger when Musician's Friend mispriced Epiphone ES-175 Premiums with USA Classic '57 pickups and a thin matte lacquer finish at around $370 (I think. t's been years)... Couldn't spend $500 on a used Kingpin when that deal was on the table...
Had just the opposite problem - those Epi 175 Premiums were sweet guitars (loved the mid-60's style thin neck - had a former colleague with a '67 passed down from her father-in-law that felt identical), but with the Godin still relatively new at the time and another big-body electric jazzbox in my stable (a Peerless-made Carlo Robelli triple P-90 ES-5 knockoff) I couldn't justify the acquisition, either to myself or the Domestic Accounting Department - especially since she likes the CW II so much...
Old 04-23-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Had just the opposite problem - those Epi 175 Premiums were sweet guitars (loved the mid-60's style thin neck - had a former colleague with a '67 passed down from her father-in-law that felt identical), but with the Godin still relatively new at the time and another big-body electric jazzbox in my stable (a Peerless-made Carlo Robelli triple P-90 ES-5 knockoff) I couldn't justify the acquisition, either to myself or the Domestic Accounting Department - especially since she likes the CW II so much...
Just googled that peerless... Darn you! Darn you to heck!

Hmmm Hmmm... Any particular years to look for

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops