The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Great deal on an OEM Esteve 1GR9S classical guitar

Saw this auction on fleaBay and I know that some of you are shopping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The guitar in question is an OEM version of the Esteve 1GR9S (spruce top). This OEM version was imported by Dauphin before the company owner passed away. You can positively ID the guitar's make and model by the Esteve headstock crown and the rosette design. It looks like it still uses the older and nicer European lyre tuners.

For comparison, the Esteve 1GR9C had a cedar top and used to sell for about 2k new through Ron Fernandez who also imported Esteve guitars (see bottom of that page). The model was discontinued and replaced by the Esteve 9CB which sells for 2.3k.

There are only 7 hours left on the auction and the current bid is $305 plus $40 in shipping. I think the potential buyers don't recognize what it is. I'd go for it myself but I already have a good classical spruce-top and am holding out for a cedar-top.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical