The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-16-2020, 12:34 PM

Default Fret Install Arbor / set neck guitars

so, with the Stew Mac Jaws 1 & 2 set ups, their red arbor press set-up and countless other fret press arbor & caul set-ups and tools I've seen available on the web, I have yet to see one that has a deep enough (and adjustable height) throat so that every fret, specifically 12 & higher, can be set utilizing the press and NOT having to hammer the higher frets into place (yes, I realize the Stew Mac Jaws 2 can reach thru an acoustic sound hole to get those upper frets pressed) ....but when you are talking a Les Paul or any set neck electric, you can only get so far up the neck pressing with arbor & cauls press set-ups I can find, before you must resort to hammer setting the remaining frets ....surely, some guitar tool maker has to make an arbor press that can press ALL frets on a set neck electric guitar - or am I dreaming ?? ....thanks for the education & assist !!! (I am asking to get the call on this before I start designing & building a 1-off custom fret press tool for my shop that can press every fret on any & every set neck electric)

Last edited by Uncle Freddy; 02-16-2020 at 12:46 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair