The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscobie8 View Post
Another month, another cover. Squeaking this one in right before the buzzer!

This month I take on yet another wedding song request (For another wedding, coming up in June). Here I present my cover of Brad Paisley's "Waitin' On a Woman" from his 2005 album Time Well Wasted. It was also included on his next two albums, first as a bonus track and then with Andy Griffith adding vocals and guest starring in the music video.
you have a nice voice, kyle, and a very pleasant way of singing. laid back but with good, positive energy. very enjoyable. the very end could perhaps be more conclusive or definitive. just a thought.

i'm not familiar with the original, regardless of the, imo, excessive number of bp albums it has been on. seems like an odd wedding song to me, but i guess it's mood is 'pre-wedding'. of course, i was at a wedding where the couples special song was 'bird on a wire', so i don't know why i have any sort of expectations.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Whippersnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
you have a nice voice, kyle, and a very pleasant way of singing. laid back but with good, positive energy. very enjoyable. the very end could perhaps be more conclusive or definitive. just a thought.

i'm not familiar with the original, regardless of the, imo, excessive number of bp albums it has been on. seems like an odd wedding song to me, but i guess it's mood is 'pre-wedding'. of course, i was at a wedding where the couples special song was 'bird on a wire', so i don't know why i have any sort of expectations.
Thanks, MC1, much appreciated! Yeah, it's not quite what I'd pick for a wedding (to be fair it's for when the bridesmaids come walking down the aisle) but it's what the bride wanted and she's cutting the check. I've played more un-orthodox tunes than this for weddings, however.

Thanks for watching!

Bel isi,
-kyle
www.kurtscobie.com
Old 05-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Hey Kyle - sounds great, both your vocals and the playing (like your other songs). I'm really impressed by the tone of that 716! It just sounds amazing, so full with a lot of depth.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 PM

I'm not so much into country either but you could have fooled my Kyle, your a natural with this song, nice job!
2010 Taylor 814 CE Grand Auditorium Cutaway

www.rolliebarrettmusic.com
Old 05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Whippersnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Kyle - sounds great, both your vocals and the playing (like your other songs). I'm really impressed by the tone of that 716! It just sounds amazing, so full with a lot of depth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoly View Post
I'm not so much into country either but you could have fooled my Kyle, your a natural with this song, nice job!
Thanks fellas. Glad you enjoyed it. Dru, yeah, this guitar is something else. I've yet to find another Taylor that really matches the output and tones of this guitar without going into ridiculous price mode.

Thanks for watching!

Bel isi,
-kyle
www.kurtscobie.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell