The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-21-2018, 08:22 PM

Default G7th Heritage ART Device

I have had one of these fancy-dancy capos for a little over a year and never bonded with it as it required very heavy tightening to fret the strings properly and eliminate rattle.........I was not happy with it. A few weeks back I contacted Simon at G7th and explained this circumstance.......relative to my Elliot and Kat Eyz, the Heritage was a pain in the tail to use. He guessed that it might be an oversized rubber cushion, creating too much friction with the crossbar housing.....maybe. He did send me a new ART insert to try and solve the issue.....it arrived today and it did! Snugs up very nicely very much like the other capos I am so fond of......hurrah! I have also noted a very dramatic tonal improvement with the G7th......warmer, richer than the others.....dunno why.

Anyway, this is a photo of the ART insert and in examining it I have figured out how it does what it does.......can you? The only information you get: the white hard nylon in the photo is three pieces and that the two short arms on the bottom pivot at a point about 0.312" from each end. Study on it a bit.......quite a nice piece of design and function.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Nick, Simon and the rest of the folks at G7th have all been friendly and helpful whenever I've spoken wth them and they do take customer service seriously.

Glad to hear it worked out. I'm not surprised.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:54 AM

Flexible barre to accommodate varying radii.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:53 AM

Well, howdy there Buckaroo...….

Don't use a Capo much but I'm impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 08-22-2018, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

I think the G7 Heritage is very clever and one of the best capos I’ve used. It’s an excellent capo.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:28 AM

I’m enjoying my heritage capos. Moreover, their new 12 string design is genius.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras
Default G7th Heritage ART Device

I have always appreciated the folks at G7 for their engineering chops and customer service. Elliott and G7 Heritage are my fave capos.

Good to know about the insert replacement since I have an early model with similar issues, I will follow up with Nick and Simon.

Best,
Jayne

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion