1 - LSU
2 - Ohio State
3 - Clemson
4 - Georgia
5 - Alabama
6 - Oregon
Old 11-14-2019, 05:41 PM

It all revolves around Auburn

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:10 PM

Looks like Notre Dame's consecutive home sellout streak of 273 games will end. It goes back to 1973 - Wow.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Minnesota lost. Baylor lost. Alabama lost their star quarterback. Looks like it’s going to be between LSU, Ohio State, Clemson and a yet to be determined one loss team.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Minnesota lost. Baylor lost. Alabama lost their star quarterback. Looks like it’s going to be between LSU, Ohio State, Clemson and a yet to be determined one loss team.
The latest AP Top 25 and Coaches Poll has those three teams in the order you listed, followed by Georgia, Alabama, and Oregon.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:45 AM
Charter Member

The Huskers certainly showed improvement on the offensive side of the ball against Wisky. Adrian Martinez looks like he's regaining his form from last year and Dedrick Mills had running lanes left and right, with a little help from the O-line. Defense couldn't stop Jonathan Taylor, who passed Herschel Walkers rushing record during the game (most yards through a junior campaign). Not many D's can stop that guy.

Ahead of the game, it was announced that Scott Frost has been given a two year extension by UNL, which signals that the leadership there is true to their word, that he'd be given the runway and resources he needs to turn things around. Sends a message to recruits that, while the record isn't what he (or they or we) want right now, it's going to take time and he's the guy to get it done. Probably unnecessary, had Willie Taggart (FSU) and Chad Morris (SMU) not been fired less than two years in to their respective gigs, but that's life in the bigs.

GBR!
Austin
Old 11-19-2019, 09:28 PM

The latest College Football Playoff Rankings are out today:

1. LSU (10-0)
2. Ohio State (10-0)
3. Clemson (11-0)
4. Georgia (9-1)
5. Alabama (9-1)
6. Oregon (9-1)

Nothing changed from last week.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:03 AM

If Georgia beats LSU, the top 4 teams are in the playoffs.

If Georgia loses, picking that 4th team will be controversial.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:10 AM

So Ohio State is 10-0 and, frankly, hasn't even been tested yet. To my eyes, they're the best team in the country but I'm biased as an OSU grad.
But consider this: they still have yet to play Penn State (this weekend) and Michigan (next weekend), either of them on paper are capable of beating them. And if Ohio State beats them, they will have to face a good team, probably Minnesota, in the Big 10 championship game.
Then, if they get past them, they'll be in the playoffs and have to beat two fantastic teams to win the national championship and be 15-0. As much as I hope it happens, I'm not convinced the odds are all that great.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro
G&L Tribute Fallout
Squier 50's Classic Vibe Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Old 11-20-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post
So Ohio State is 10-0 and, frankly, hasn't even been tested yet. To my eyes, they're the best team in the country but I'm biased as an OSU grad.
But consider this: they still have yet to play Penn State (this weekend) and Michigan (next weekend), either of them on paper are capable of beating them. And if Ohio State beats them, they will have to face a good team, probably Minnesota, in the Big 10 championship game.
Then, if they get past them, they'll be in the playoffs and have to beat two fantastic teams to win the national championship and be 15-0. As much as I hope it happens, I'm not convinced the odds are all that great.
I'm an Ohio State fan too (I lived in Columbus for 3 years back in early 2000s). If OSU wins out but loses the Big 10 championship game they could still make that 4th slot.

Ohio State has the toughest strength of schedule in one of these 5 rankings of the top 10 teams. In the others it's LSU.

https://fbschedules.com/college-foot...-week-12-2019/

Last edited by Dru Edwards; 11-21-2019 at 07:30 PM. Reason: fixing.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I'm an Ohio State fan too (I lived in Columbus for 3 years back in early 2000s). If OSU wins out but loses the Big 10 championship game they could still make that 4th slot.

Ohio State has the toughest strength of schedule in all five of the rankings here, followed by LSU, Alabama, Penn State, Clemson, and Georgia in each of those.

https://fbschedules.com/college-foot...-week-12-2019/
I'm not surprised.
Yikes!
They've got their work cut out for them. Hopefully, they're up to the task. IMHO, they're the most complete team in college football this year.
They'll have their chance to prove it now over the next few weeks.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro
G&L Tribute Fallout
Squier 50's Classic Vibe Telecaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Old 11-20-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I work w/a guy from Alabama, and he's a rabid Tide fanatic (so all the rest of us root against them)...I've got this sense of impending doom that this will be the year Michigan wins The Game, knocks OSU out of the picture and 'bama back doors in...
Old 11-20-2019, 11:40 PM

Trevor Lawrence, Clemson's QB, will be the difference. They will win the title.

Oregon/Utah for the Pac 10 Championship. If both win all the rest of their games, and other falter, Utah could slip into this discussion.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 11-21-2019, 02:05 AM
Charter Member

Lockback, Dru: looking forward to our game against you this weekend. May the best team win (and may it be a decisive, non-controversial win, as well).
Old 11-21-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
PSU will be a 3 TD victory for the Bucks. The team up north will be a tougher game at the open pit in Ann Arbor. Bucks win that and the B1G championship in Indy. Then the fun begins. But then I'm biased, also. Sisters are OSU alums and dad played H.S. ball for Woody at New Philadelphia. Miami (my school) and Cincy are looking pretty good. MU just cliche the MAC East at 7-4 and Cincy is #19 in the playoff rankings.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic