The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-23-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever gotten into the whole cheating thing and I don’t hate the Patriots. The thing I have said for the last few years is that I’m just TIRED of always seeing them as THE team that’s likely to win it all or at least the biggest obstacle. I dare say nearly every football fan outside of the greater Boston area feels that way and I won’t apologize for it. I’ve constantly expressed my respect for them and I was even a fan in the early years of the dynasty before it was one. But nobody really likes a dynasty outside of the core fanbase and bandwagon jumpers, and at a certain point, I turned to wanting to see them lose. Probably about when they beat the Eagles the first time, before the NFC East became their kryptonite and beat them in the three remaining super bowl matchups ...

I’m really hoping the Chiefs can win one for Andy and I’ll be happy if they do. But if they dominate the league for the next 10 years, I’ll feel the same way about them by the end of it as I’ve come to feel about the Patriots. If the Eagles somehow became a dynasty in the latter stages of my lifetime, I’m sure I’ll be just as insufferable for them as so many New England fans have become about the Pats.

So don’t use me as a poster boy for a Pats hater - I’m not one. And if you’re gonna, at least spell my name right!!!
Maybe I'm an exception, but when the Niners were seemingly destroying teams every other or year or so in the Superbowl in the 80's and 90's, I honestly did marvel at how good they were and how consistent they were. Would I mind seeing someone else dominate? It would have been nice, but I appreciated what I was seeing. Same for the Bulls on 90's.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-23-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Maybe I'm an exception, but when the Niners were seemingly destroying teams every other or year or so in the Superbowl in the 80's and 90's, I honestly did marvel at how good they were and how consistent they were. Would I mind seeing someone else dominate? It would have been nice, but I appreciated what I was seeing. Same for the Bulls on 90's.
Bulls of the 90's were awesome to watch. I feel fortunate that I had a chance to see Jordan play ... even if only on the tv.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Bulls of the 90's were awesome to watch. I feel fortunate that I had a chance to see Jordan play ... even if only on the tv.
Agreed Dru. Anyone else have the Jordan dunking from the free throw line poster?
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 01-23-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
Agreed Dru. Anyone else have the Jordan dunking from the free throw line poster?
I don't have it but it's a classic pic. What an amazing shot. Was that the Slam Dunk Contest? He was airborne.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't have it but it's a classic pic. What an amazing shot. Was that the Slam Dunk Contest? He was airborne.
Yes. I believe it was 87 or 88.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 01-24-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:

That’s why it was nicknamed the “flight”. Even the lower end line of Nike Jordan’s were named “Flight” after that pic.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic