The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 PM

Default Acoustic Bass Guitar VST or Soundfont

Hello

I'm trying to emulate the bass strings of a harp guitar with my midi keyboard and I'm having a real hard time finding a software instrument that has these sounds. I'm thinking an acoustic bass guitar vst or soundfont will be much easier to track down and it may definitely sound comparable to a harp guitar. Any ideas where I could find something like this? I've found many upright bass instruments but no steel string bass.

Any help is appreciated!

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM

i did a google search of harp guitar virtual instrument and this is what i came up with.
good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=harp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 03-15-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
i did a google search of harp guitar virtual instrument and this is what i came up with.
good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=harp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

play music!
Thanks muscmp but I've already spent a good 2 hours on google scouring the internet trying to find a reasonable steel string bass sound. In the end, I broke down and bought a samplepack from 'ManyTone'. The sounds are much better than any of the free soundfonts I came across. Just a bit of EQ and I should be able to get something that atleast sounds similar to a harp guitar.

My project is almost complete. I can't wait to share it with you guys!

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD