The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-06-2002, 02:50 PM

Question Has anybody ever tried these?

Customized, weekly guitar lessons delivered via email. Not interested, but curious.

http://www.learnguitar.net/index.htm

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 02-07-2002, 08:41 AM

Lightbulb

No, never have. But I do believe in a structured approach to most practice sessions. Thankfully, years and years ago, I had private lessons, on woodwinds, so I'm kind of familiar with a structured and consistent approach. I'm trying to use a similar techniques with my guitar studies (no private lessons, doing it myself). But I'm also flexible and I make sure things stay interesting, fun and challengeing, without being defeating.

I'm 40 years old, and I realized the only way I would ever learn the guitar would be to accept the fact that I'm just a child where guitar is concerned. I had to start at the very beginning, and I am working my way forward.

Private lessons are very helpful. If you've never had them, a good teacher can be a great guide.

Best wishes to all!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell