The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 06:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Well, uh, you can play it, but only while wearing the hazmat suit that I'll be bringing. I, well, gee, don't want to dilute the gene pool residing swimmingly on the guitar. I'm sure you understand.
Oh come on, John, you let ME play it!
Old 02-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey, Mike,
It would be awesome if you had both a blonde and a brunette Edwinson in the stable... But I think you ought to check out Joel's guitars first. Joel's stock is rising fast, so you may want to reel in one of his guitars before the prices go through the roof. You'll see what I'm talking about next month!
Looking forward to doing so, my amazingly humble and super talented friend!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 02-20-2019, 07:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Looking forward to doing so, my amazingly humble and super talented friend!
Mike...Steve’s humility is only surpassed by his craftsmanship...and the voluminous capacity of his huge heart. When I was five years old, my grandfather took me out to his workshop, gave me some scrap wood, a hammer and some nails, and told me to build a toy boat. When I was finished, it wasn’t much to look at...but you’d have thought it was the equivalent of a Hatteras by the way that he went on and on about it...and I’ve built things ever since that day... because of the way that he made me feel about that crappy little boat.

.....kinda like how Steve makes me feel about the guitars I’m building

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 02-20-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Oh come on, John, you let ME play it!
I try not to repeat my errors!
Old 02-20-2019, 09:18 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Mike...Steve’s humility is only surpassed by his craftsmanship...and the voluminous capacity of his huge heart. When I was five years old, my grandfather took me out to his workshop, gave me some scrap wood, a hammer and some nails, and told me to build a toy boat. When I was finished, it wasn’t much to look at...but you’d have thought it was the equivalent of a Hatteras by the way that he went on and on about it...and I’ve built things ever since that day... because of the way that he made me feel about that crappy little boat.

.....kinda like how Steve makes me feel about the guitars I’m building

One of the reasons Joel and I get along so well is, neither of us is much of a narcissist. In fact we both share an innate sense of humbleness, especially when we are in the presence of people who are really great at what they do.

That said, while I appreciate Joel’s humbleness, my praise of him and his guitars is not hyperbole. Anyone who’s coming to the BIG event will see what I’m talking about in the first minute of trying out his guitars.
And the great thing about guitars is, they don’t lie or prevaricate or in any way misrepresent themselves. They are not capable of that; and no amount of hype will make an average guitar exceptional, or a great guitar just merely average. In the hands of a player, a guitar can ONLY give you its most honest testimony.

I think you’ll be really impressed by the build quality, the sound, the looks, and the overall vibe of Two Hands instruments. But it’s the guitars that will do the talking, ultimately.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
One of the reasons Joel and I get along so well is, neither of us is much of a narcissist. In fact we both share an innate sense of humbleness, especially when we are in the presence of people who are really great at what they do.

That said, while I appreciate Joel’s humbleness, my praise of him and his guitars is not hyperbole. Anyone who’s coming to the BIG event will see what I’m talking about in the first minute of trying out his guitars.
And the great thing about guitars is, they don’t lie or prevaricate or in any way misrepresent themselves. They are not capable of that; and no amount of hype will make an average guitar exceptional, or a great guitar just merely average. In the hands of a player, a guitar can ONLY give you its most honest testimony.

I think you’ll be really impressed by the build quality, the sound, the looks, and the overall vibe of Two Hands instruments. But it’s the guitars that will do the talking, ultimately.

Thanks Steve, it is getting quite close now. Boys are working on the patio upgrades as we speak so we should have some very nice venues for people to hang, listen to music, jam, workshop, eat, drink and be merry haha.

I have to say your posts are making me even more excited to see yours and Joel's guitars, but also to finally meet you in person. We have been email and guitar buddies for 3 years or so, I say the time has come!!! I hope I don't disappoint LOL!

Still some room for any last minute planners, just send me a PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:04 AM
AGF Sponsor

I've finished building the 3rd guitar for B.I.G. (The second Cocobolo,) and now it's off to the finisher.....who also happens to be me.

I shot the first round of lacquer yesterday, and I'm over the moon with the way she's turning out. It's been seven-day work weeks and 9-10 hour days over the last few weeks, trying to get this one ready for the show, as well as working on two other guitars that I'm building for clients.

This is my Solis model, with Mastergrade Sitka over Cocobolo...Ebony bindings and arm bevel with flamed Pyinma purflings...one-piece Pyinma Burl rosette inner ring with flamed Pyinma outer rings...1-3/4" nut and 2-1/4" string spread...and Evo gold frets. Here are some pictures in the white...prior to yesterday's finishing work...

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS

Last edited by Joel Teel; 02-23-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Smile Nice stuff Joel!

Very pretty Joel! Looking forward to meeting you and playing it if I am lucky...

Getting close now...

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 02-23-2019, 11:51 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Gorgeous!!!
Old 02-23-2019, 01:59 PM

Very nice Joel. When a guitar looks THAT good without any magic juice on it, I can only imagine how great it looks with some finish! Can't wait to see it AND play it, but sounds like I will have to get in line behind Paul and Dennis haha!!!
Old 02-23-2019, 10:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

From my ringside seat, I get to try this guitar out first!

Bwaaaah-ha-ha-ha!
Old 02-24-2019, 01:27 PM

I have a feeling there is a lot of "hey try this one" going on in that shop or yours. I feel so lucky that since I am hosting, I will get to see ALL of these guitars first!!!!!!!!!!!! With my will power, or lack there of, they may be all gone before Saturday hahahahaha.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Looking Schweeeet, Joel!

Very much looking forward to meeting you and playing your guitars.

Not too far away now!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 02-26-2019, 12:59 PM
AGF Sponsor

Paul, Dennis, Nemoman...thanks guys. I’m looking toward to putting faces with names. Tom, thanks for including me in your shindig...I hope that when I leave, you’re happy that you did. Steve...gratitude floweth-over, my friend.

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 02-26-2019, 02:54 PM

Today's fun:

Rosanne will also be using the guitar at an upcoming gig.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop