The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-26-2022, 07:52 AM

Default Summer is here.

Summer is here, not just officially by the calendar but the nice weather rolled in too. July / Aug is my favorite time of the year here in Nova Scotia.

What's summer like where you live? (or winter if you're in the southern hemisphere). I know many AGF'ers live in places in the US where summer means weeks of 100 degree weather which can be difficult. I suspect my winter heating electricity usage is similar to some people's summer air conditioning usage.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:11 AM
Charter Member

I live in the center of the lower 48 states. Our weather normally varies allot. Like many the weather of the last several years has not been 'normal' in the historic sense. June is usually pretty decent, but we have had some high 90s temperatures for a while. Yesterday was in the 80s without much humidity and so my wife and I went to our state park and had a campfire and dinner. This morning it's chilly. The humidity hasn't been very bad. In July and August, we should have dry, hot and humid weather most of the time. With the occasional relief from thunderstorms and tornados.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 06-26-2022, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

Summer is here "And the time is right for fighting in the streets boy" perhaps a bit uncomfortably prophetic

Things are greening up nicely round these parts
fairly typical afternoon rain sprinkle

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 06-26-2022, 08:42 AM

Been really hot here lately with with temps in the mid to upper 90's. Cool front moved through last night with some rain, high today is only to be in the low 80's. Good thing as we play outside today 3-7 this afternoon.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:45 AM

Miami. Don't even ...
Old 06-26-2022, 11:42 AM

The world visits the Jersey Shore! Over thirty beaches along one hundred twenty miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline! This is the type of day visitors hope for. Just perfect beach weather.

Old 06-26-2022, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

HVAC repair guy has come here and gone already today. Luckily, it was "just" a fan motor capacitor in the heat pump. Outside temp was climbing quickly through the 80s before he left at 0930.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

…last Sunday we were in the mid sixties here in Oregon marking the end of a wet cold spring…today the projected temperature is 98 scorching degrees….I will be jumping in the creek later today….
Old 06-26-2022, 12:13 PM

Here on the West Coast of Canada, the forecast is for 91F today and 92F tomorrow and this is our first heatwave of the summer. Forecast for three days with cool overnight temperatures followed by a couple of rainy and cloudy days.
Humidity is good, but we brought out a fan for a little air movement indoors.
I am about 50 miles inland from the coast so we get a little warmer. Sunny with blue skies, it is a gorgeous day.

Larrivee, LV-03E Sitka/Peruvian Walnut
Bourgeois, Dreadnaught DB Signature, Italian Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood
Old 06-26-2022, 06:18 PM

Default Hoo Weee.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Summer is here, not just officially by the calendar but the nice weather rolled in too. July / Aug is my favorite time of the year here in Nova Scotia.

What's summer like where you live?
Let's see.......HOT! But not as bad as AZ or N Mexico. Sure do love my little park setting in my backyard. Hoping the water table stays usable!
Old 06-27-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

What's summer like where you live? (or winter if you're in the southern hemisphere). I know many AGF'ers live in places in the US where summer means weeks of 100 degree weather which can be difficult. I suspect my winter heating electricity usage is similar to some people's summer air conditioning usage.
We are 2nd year of near drought or in drought conditions after it took two years for fewer signs of the 2018 floods. The positive is noticeably fewer mosquitos but this is not good as far as how much our region feeds the country and world. The spring through now has been waves of heat, cool, humid and dry either side of the summer norms. Most of the rain has been towards intense or too much at once.

We've been enjoying the season overall realizing there's been fun when there could have been rain but hope we can finish the summer with more normal soaking rains.

One really fun aspect has been our kids - those little babies became young adults all working hard and doing great stuff.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Typical New England weather here in the summer - some hot, some cool and everything in between. My favorite season by far is fall - cool and comfortable plus incredible foliage which we spend a lot of time seeing as we ride our motorcycle around our beautiful, rural state.

We just got notice that our electric rates are more than DOUBLING come August first thanks in part to current world tensions. This is problematic since we heat with electric which was the least expensive but will now be on par with oil/gas. We're likely going to put a mini-split heat pump system.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Well it's finally going to be nice enough and warm that today that I am going to the local open mic (OK I admit it ,,, I am a fair weather performer )

This is an outstanding open mic and is in a small pavilion that is open on two sides so basically a semi outdoor affair

looks like this

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 06-27-2022, 08:37 AM

Beautiful venue with the mountains in the background. Enjoy!

Larrivee, LV-03E Sitka/Peruvian Walnut
Bourgeois, Dreadnaught DB Signature, Italian Spruce/Madagascar Rosewood
Old 06-27-2022, 10:42 AM

Coastal Southern California USA here. Hard for me to tell it's Summer as we're 60's to 80's (Fahrenheit) well over 300 days a year. where I am Yes, it's crazy expensive to live here (I was thrilled to "only" pay $6.16/gal for gas this weekend) but I rarely run heat or A/C and to be able to make and carry through with outdoor plans year round is truly a gift. Enjoy your "weather" out there people. I'll enjoy the predictable stability of my warm sunny days.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic