The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-29-2022, 07:12 PM

Default Ok so I bought a garrison G20 e..

Yes I know, they have the fiberglass skeleton... and if they are not humified proper like,, they can shrink and crack,, but I wanted an acoustic electric and I wanted a alll solid wood and I kind dug how nice they sound, and it was 220. Or something.. and it looked very nice..sounded very rich.. and I really like the sound character of cedar.. bell like round and complex?I already a a Yamaha 730 that I really like so I wanted a totally different kinda deal.. and I just need some care and feeding instructions for a 20 year old all wood crack prone acoustic .. do I need a humidifier or just one of those sponge deals you put inside the case? .. my other one is laminate back and side.. but this Canada git box may require more care and attention.. but all solid wood sound so rich and full darn *it it's worth the gamble.. help with humidity concerns.. any ideas.?
Old 06-29-2022, 07:29 PM

I owned a G4 for several years 15 odd years ago. Humidify/dehumidify as normal. Keep it between 35 and 64 RH or so and all will be well. Good sounding guitars these Garrison's
Old 06-30-2022, 11:08 AM

Congrats on the Garrison. I have a GGC-20-CE. They were made in Newfoundland until Gibson bought the company, produced the Songmaker guitar there for a year or so and then shut down the plant.

As far as humidity goes, get a hygrometer so that you know what the humidity level is. If you know it's dry then something simple as a wet sponge in a perforated ziplock bag, in the closed case with the guitar works great.

Where are you located? Here I have the opposite issue as the humid season rolls in. Winter is dry though.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the Garrison, enjoy!

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 06-30-2022, 11:41 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations on the Garrison! Have fun!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion