The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-22-2022, 08:57 AM

Default McPherson Sable Pickup- Baggs iBeam Dual Source

My Sable pickup went out just recently. It’s a Baggs Element UST. I need to replace it and I was wondering about replacing it with a dual source. I really like the iBeam over anything else I’ve got (I have a couple Anthems, but to me the iBeam is the best sounding).

Has anyone else tried this pickup in a Sable?

Also, if I don’t go those route, is the full Anthem easily installed in a Sable? Is there any issues with the sound hole size or location?
Old 06-02-2022, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

The only pickup I can tell you works extremely well in the sable is the Trance Amulet M. It's what I put in mine and I've been very happy with the result. Played many gigs, no feedback, nice tone, no issues.
I'm sure this doesn't answer your questions but it seems no ones tried what you considering, time to boldly go.....
Old 08-19-2022, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimey View Post
The only pickup I can tell you works extremely well in the sable is the Trance Amulet M. It's what I put in mine and I've been very happy with the result. Played many gigs, no feedback, nice tone, no issues.

I'm sure this doesn't answer your questions but it seems no ones tried what you considering, time to boldly go.....

I just now saw your response. I really appreciate it. I actually had an extra Baggs Element around and I installed it in the Sable.

However, this is good information to know. I’ll consider the Trance if this one goes bad.

I talked to the guys at McPherson and they didn’t seem keen on the iBeam for some reason. He couldn’t really say why. He mentioned some people used the Anthem, but not the iBeam. The iBeam isn’t as popular as the others, but it sounds really natural to me.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Takes a little while to load, but here's my sable with the Trance through a PA.
The little solos at the beginning of the recording is the sable tone.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cIs...MzVFeM3gk/view

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber