The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-14-2019, 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=FrankHudson;6238665]

Nice to hear that others are making use here of the range of colors that VI and MIDI allow. [QUOTE=FrankHudson;6238665]

When I got back into playing a few years ago after a 10 year hiatus I was amazed by the technological leap that took place. I didn't even know what DAW, midi, and VI even were. The light came on and I never looked back. I am hooked for life.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncbandit View Post
Yes, midi drums, strings, bass, and some flute too. The drums I use are MTpower drumkit II. https://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php. Even though the samples are in midi format the actual sounds were recorded from real drums.

I usually find a sample that fits the song and adjust the beats per minute so it fits my guitar timing. Then I will add intros and fillers for the changes. If I can't find one they provide I will add the filler from my midi keyboard. It is a time consuming process but I like the end results.

The strings, flute and bass I play on my midi keyboard using vst plugins.
I would always record guitar over a backing drum or click track generated by the DAW software. I use the Logic Pro X Drummer for this purpose.
If you work in that order you are in sync with the sequencer.
This has advantages when you start editing, and will likely make the song timing tighter.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 12-14-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
I would always record guitar over a backing drum or click track generated by the DAW software. I use the Logic Pro X Drummer for this purpose.
If you work in that order you are in sync with the sequencer.
This has advantages when you start editing, and will likely make the song timing tighter.
I agree and do use a click track a lot when recording the guitar part first. It took awhile to get used to though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD