The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post

For myself, I have always wondered why viewers are not bothered by guitar recordings done outdoors with no cables, no microphones, no noticeable equipment beyond a guitar, but plenty of YouTube viewers seem to like this approach.

- Glenn
Well someone still needs to believe in Santa Claus !
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 11-10-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
For myself, I have always wondered why viewers are not bothered by guitar recordings done outdoors with no cables, no microphones, no noticeable equipment beyond a guitar, but plenty of YouTube viewers seem to like this approach.
Yes, I like those rock videos, where the band are standing in a desert or or on some mountain, hair blown sexily in the wind, still making guitar faces, when there is clearly no source of electric power for miles.

They do it for our entertainment, of course, and I certainly get a great laugh out of them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write